Car/Truck to pull glider trailer by [email protected]
Hi All, I am new to this group and last fall added a glider rating to my ASEL certificate. I am planning to replace my car this summer and in anticipation of purchasing a glider someday, I would like to purchase a vehicle that would do a good job towing a glider. I also want it to get the best...
48 1,535 Soaring
Pitot system - odd event by Del Jensen
On tow the other day the airspeed indicator jammed and the digital airspeed read about 20kts too high. When I got down the digital airspeed was 30kts with the glider stopped, and turning off the unit (S80) and re-initialing the tas read 30kts. Upon examination the diaphragm was found to be...
by Del Jensen Go to last post
14 49 Soaring
Sad news from Avenal, CA by Ramy[_2_]
http://www.soaravenal.com/2018/05/statement-from-ccsc-president-mike.html It was Jan’s first flight in the Lark single seater he purchased recently. My condolences to his family and friends. Ramy
Today 03:54 AM
by Ramy[_2_] Go to last post
0 17 Soaring
Tape the pitot/static system during storage? by [email protected]
Hi all. From advice from another soaring pilot, I've been taping my pitot/static inlets with red electrical tape when I store my glider. This is done to keep bugs out during storage. I started wondering if changes in air pressure could cause the airspeed and/or altimeter and/or vario...
Flying in Europe by [email protected]
Which countries will allow a US Glider rated pilot to fly solo without additional paperwork? Thanks In Advance -Howie
Yesterday 03:58 PM
by Craig Funston[_3_] Go to last post