Soaring not compatible with modern society? by [email protected]
I'm wondering how much the modern reluctance to land out and desire for collision avoidance technology is driven by an underlying fear that if society knew about soaring, society would ban it. Granted no one wants to die or have anyone else die but we've been recreational flying for 100 years and...
SHARES NOW OPEN for the US Aerobatic Team’s Swift S-1 Unlimited Aerobatic Glider by [email protected]
GM and it’s good to hear the Swift is in the US, Can you let me know the cost of joining in the Swift group to fly and compete using swift ? I am based in Ga so could use the Seminole location in Fl... Also because of my size of 6 ft 4 in will I fit in the swift ok? Thanks Tom
Car/Truck to pull glider trailer by [email protected]
Hi All, I am new to this group and last fall added a glider rating to my ASEL certificate. I am planning to replace my car this summer and in anticipation of purchasing a glider someday, I would like to purchase a vehicle that would do a good job towing a glider. I also want it to get the best...
48 1,535 Soaring
Pitot system - odd event by Del Jensen
On tow the other day the airspeed indicator jammed and the digital airspeed read about 20kts too high. When I got down the digital airspeed was 30kts with the glider stopped, and turning off the unit (S80) and re-initialing the tas read 30kts. Upon examination the diaphragm was found to be...
by Del Jensen Go to last post
14 49 Soaring
Sad news from Avenal, CA by Ramy[_2_]
http://www.soaravenal.com/2018/05/statement-from-ccsc-president-mike.html It was Jan’s first flight in the Lark single seater he purchased recently. My condolences to his family and friends. Ramy
Today 03:54 AM
by Ramy[_2_] Go to last post
0 17 Soaring
Tape the pitot/static system during storage? by [email protected]
Hi all. From advice from another soaring pilot, I've been taping my pitot/static inlets with red electrical tape when I store my glider. This is done to keep bugs out during storage. I started wondering if changes in air pressure could cause the airspeed and/or altimeter and/or vario...
Flying in Europe by [email protected]
Which countries will allow a US Glider rated pilot to fly solo without additional paperwork? Thanks In Advance -Howie
Yesterday 03:58 PM
by Craig Funston[_3_] Go to last post