Forum: Soaring June 10th 21, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Winch demonstration/training at home gliderport

Kirk,

Sandhill Soaring Club has a similar situation in terms of runway length and winch setup (we use an adjoining field to launch sometimes). Please message me and I can put you in contact with our...
Forum: Soaring April 28th 21, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
The decline of gliding - a worldwide issue?

It doesn't need to be this way. In the midst of a pandemic, Sandhill Soaring Club (located in S.E. Michigan) has grown from 70 to about 90 members in the course of a couple of years. We largely...
Forum: Soaring March 23rd 21, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
March 31 Deadline to Submit SSA Youth Flight Training Scholarship Applications

March 31, 2021, is the deadline for youth ages 13-24 to submit their application for a 2021 SSA Youth Flight Training Scholarship ($2,000) or Bultman Award ($1,000).

For more info (and to download...
Forum: Soaring March 21st 21, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Groundloop accident at the Senior Contest

... and collided with a truck that one of the other contestants had parked next to the runway in violation of contest procedures. The glider submarined the body of the truck.”
Please keep Tom...
Forum: Soaring January 23rd 21, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2021 SSA Youth Flight Training Scholarships

Many thanks to yet another kind donor the SSA will be awarding at least five (5) additional $2,000 Youth Flight Training Scholarships in 2021. These are in addition to those that have already been...
Forum: Soaring January 15th 21, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
How Have Our Soaring Vendors Fared?

On Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 2:08:13 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Before the Seniors we plan to offer a handicapped Sailplane Grand Prix for 15 pilots to experience a different racing...
Forum: Soaring January 14th 21, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2021 SSA Youth Flight Training Scholarships

The SSA Youth/Junior Committee is now accepting applications for 2021 Youth Flight Training Scholarships (ages 13-25). These include pre-solo and post-solo opportunities. Visit...
Forum: Soaring December 18th 20, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
G-103 Twin II ACRO (N794G) For Sale Asking $20k OBO

Grob 103 Twin II ACRO (N794G) For Sale. ~10,800 hours TT. Useful Load: ~365 lbs. Tail Damage History repaired at Minden. Complete logbooks. Asking $20k OBO. Sandhill Soaring Club's Board of...
Forum: Soaring December 18th 20, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Double Drum TOST Winch for Sale

My apologies to all. The club's President, Orrin Beckham, will be out at the field this weekend and is going to take some more pictures. The club is motivated to sell it but won't give it a way...