Forum: Soaring May 14th 08, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Motorhome towing a glider trailer

check out Roadtrek - I've gotten 16.4mpg pulling a glider in mine,
the best tow vehicle ever.....
Forum: Soaring April 17th 08, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hauling a trailer by rail or car-carrier truck

On Apr 16, 6:31�pm, Barny wrote:
Uli, I concur with avoiding rail. Here in Detroit our most severe auto
test used to be the rail simulator. Rail has a constant shake...
Forum: Soaring March 29th 08, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Thin Airfoil and Climb Performance

A good person to ask might be Kolie (skylinesoaring.org) -he just moved from a
LS3 to a Diana 2. So far I have not heard ANY complaints about the Diana's climb
performance.

Bruce
In gusty...
Forum: Soaring March 28th 08, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Thin Airfoil and Climb Performance

I am curious what kind of performance in climb I
might see with a 14% airfoil section.

Thanks,
Brad

The amount of camber in the airfoil, flaps/no flaps, wing loading and
aspect ratio are also...
Forum: Soaring March 3rd 08, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Warm Feet???

On Mar 2, 3:02�pm, Randy wrote:
What is out there in the market place that is good for
keeping your feet warm in the glider? I am planning to
attend the Marfa Spring Wave...
Forum: Soaring February 19th 08, 07:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Downhill gravity launch video

On Feb 18, 9:10�pm, brtlmj wrote:
Someone recently posted a link to a video that showed
a glider simply rolling downhill until it picked up
flying speed. I can't seem...
Forum: Soaring November 16th 07, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
I know there are electric powered sailplanes but

On Nov 16, 6:17�am, Mike the Strike wrote:
To keep under the weight limit, you'll have about as much available
electrical energy as a large flashlight.

Human power...