Search: Posts made by: Tony[_5_]
Forum: Soaring October 16th 18, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Cheaper tows?

I was flabbergasted when I saw the Corvette powered Pawnee at Narromine, and they didn't have air conditioning!
Forum: Soaring September 30th 18, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
The Gordon Bennett Cup 2018

Ive certainly been enjoying following along. The last few years, as I recall,were much more uniform in flight direction and both ended up being heavily influenced by the Eastern border of the EU,...
Forum: Soaring September 19th 18, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Anti-collision strobe lights

When I flew the Electro at Uvalde I ran the vertical fin strobe during the pre-start gaggle and received several positive comments about it.
Forum: Soaring September 10th 18, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
2018 Dust Devil Dash September 8th

Kevin Wayt & Tom Serkowski both landed at Flagstaff, AZ. Awesome! 615 km according to skyvector. Sweet flight guys!
Forum: Soaring September 9th 18, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
2018 Dust Devil Dash September 8th

Three pilots on tracker. Tom Serkowski well ahead, floating towards Humphrey Peak at 12k ft. I'm pretty sure more people flew, really wish I knew where Kevin way was...
Forum: Soaring August 29th 18, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
2018 Dust Devil Dash September 8th

looking forward to watching! one of these years...
Forum: Soaring August 28th 18, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Stall spin during aero tow? Std cirrus

weird when I read "Stick and Rudder" and went through flight training I was taught to pitch for airspeed
Forum: Soaring August 20th 18, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Perlan Climbing

Perlan has climbed above release height. I believe the first soaring flight this season for them. http://www.perlanproject.cloud/VirtualCockpit.html
Forum: Soaring August 20th 18, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Final Day Uvalde

Lawn Dart :( I know that feeling all too well
Forum: Soaring August 20th 18, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Uvalde Reports

here we go again...
Forum: Soaring August 8th 18, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Stall spin during aero tow? Std cirrus

I tell our newer towpilots that with the big gliders and gliders with water, it is almost impossible to tow them too fast and way better to be on the fast side than the slow side.

This of course is...
Forum: Soaring August 2nd 18, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
trying to understand Wings program

No one actually understands the wings program.
Forum: Soaring August 2nd 18, 11:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
US Standard Nationals -- Day 1

The women's worlds last year? ;)
Forum: Soaring August 1st 18, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
US Standard Nationals -- Day 1

Kathy Fosha and Sarah Arnold both flew the 2014 Sports Class Nationals at TSA...
Forum: Soaring July 23rd 18, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
US team silence

Mak had help from the Australian team, particularly Matthew Scutter in 2016. I presume they also were cooperating on at least the final day in 2018 based on their start and finish times.
Forum: Soaring July 23rd 18, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
US team silence

I heard that the pre-start furball was even worse with the start intervals. with the start intervals, on an iffy day, everyone wants to go at the same second. Without start intervals, people don't...
Forum: Soaring July 22nd 18, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
US team silence

Yea plenty posted on Facebook. Youve been there done that John, there's plenty of other things for the pilots and crews to do besides writing reports.
Forum: Soaring July 18th 18, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Emailing contest flight log to scorer

LXNAV computers have this capability with their WiFi module
Forum: Soaring July 13th 18, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Ventus 3F - Fatal

Had a great visit with him at the the SSA Convention in front of his new V3. So sad...
Forum: Soaring July 11th 18, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
For Sale: 1977 LS3 (USA)

Does "Templinization" include filling the tanks with Busch Light for the sale?
Forum: Soaring June 28th 18, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Shazam!

Well there was the 2013 1-26 Championships in Moriarty where Daniel flew "Sweet Red" to a win in a shootout with Ron Schwartz.

OH and Eric - I suggest you don't touch that LS-3 this winter. It...
Forum: Soaring June 28th 18, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Shazam!

Hey Eric from what I heard, The Kid got a start on the wings for you! :D
Forum: Soaring June 28th 18, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Shazam!

Big Congrats to Daniel Sazhin on winning Sports Class Nationals in Nephi with some awesome flying. He's now a two time champion and only 23(or so) Yrs old! Congrats buddy