Search: Posts made by: Dan Marotta
Forum: Soaring Yesterday, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Glider Insurance

Take a look at Starr Insurance
http://www.starrcompanies.com/insurance/aircrafthullliability.* I have
my Stemme and had my Pipistrel insured with them.

On 11/23/2017 10:46 AM, LAX wrote:
Is...
Forum: Soaring Yesterday, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Best Path to Race

...And speaking of parking money rather than spending it, I've made
money on 4 or my last 5 ships.* You could just as well lose money, but
chalk that up to cheap rent for a very nice ride.* Still...
Forum: Soaring Yesterday, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Best Path to Race

All of my out landings have been to airports or plowed fields so never
any damage.* An old flying buddy once told me, "Land in dirt, you won't
get hurt."* I've always followed that advice unless...
Forum: Soaring Yesterday, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Repainting Wingtip

Mask and spray both tips and it's a perfect match all around!

On 11/23/2017 8:08 AM, wrote:

He was talking about a wing tip.
If it is a patch and spray job Rustoleum...
Forum: Soaring November 19th 17, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Advice on returning to Soaring after over 20 years

"Pilots" now want cell phone mounts and cup holders.

On 11/19/2017 11:50 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 19:23:27 +0100, John wrote:

Dunflyin wrote:

I am surprised that...
Forum: Soaring November 19th 17, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
737 vs glider

:-D

On 11/19/2017 9:01 AM, MNLou wrote:
Nah - I'll save that for other forums:)

Lou

--
Dan, 5J
Forum: Soaring November 19th 17, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Nope.* Corporations provide jobs.* I'm referring to the leeches that
take money in exchange for doing nothing.* C'mon...* You're not going to
start yelling about tax breaks for the rich, are...
Forum: Soaring November 18th 17, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
737 vs glider

Tax hike? No.* How about a welfare reduction?

Otherwise, great information!

On 11/17/2017 11:30 AM, kirk.stant wrote:
I was on downwind to land my Taurus on a small strip in the Virginia Blue...
Forum: Soaring November 17th 17, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Cup holder

Terrific!* Now you, too, can fly like Bob Hoover!* Well...* Maybe not.

On 11/17/2017 2:26 AM, wrote:
Forum: Soaring November 17th 17, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
737 vs glider

Seems even old glider pilots rely more on ATC keeping them from conflict
than with keeping a good eye outside.* It's not just an affliction of
the young.

On 11/17/2017 6:45 AM, ...
Forum: Soaring November 16th 17, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Train Wreck

So stream videos.

On 11/16/2017 5:45 AM, wrote:
Let's get this going again, I'm at deer camp and we have no TV but we do have 4G all over the woods.
Glen

--
Dan, 5J

---
Forum: Soaring November 15th 17, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
correction to strike protection

I'd sure hate to be wearing one of those!

On 11/14/2017 5:30 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 17:20:53 -0700, Dan Marotta wrote:

What's a bobbit?

This, I think:...
Forum: Soaring November 15th 17, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
correction to strike protection

What's a bobbit?

On 11/14/2017 2:18 PM, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 9:00:08 AM UTC-8, Jim White wrote:
At 16:15 14 November 2017, john firth wrote:
Apologies to...
Forum: Soaring November 14th 17, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
How does sun heat the air?

I kinda lost faith in wikipedia after a former global warming evangelist
turned "climate change denier" found his wiki entries deleted almost as
quickly as he would post them.* Are they, too,...
Forum: Soaring November 14th 17, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
lightning strike protection

To paraphrase:* If you see a bolt of lightning coming your way,
immediately go to negative flaps and dive away to outrun the stroke.* If
you're flying an unflapped ship, you're screwed.

On...
Forum: Soaring November 11th 17, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
ISO USED CONDOR SOARING SETUP

I have a setup that is no longer used.* It's yours for the price of
shipping.* It has everything you'll need except for a USB hub and the
software.* Reply to...
Forum: Soaring November 10th 17, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Train Wreck

Hi Gina,

You really don't sound like a Kiwi.* Are you a transplant from the US?*
You write like you're from somewhere in the upper Midwest.

Anyway, I hope to meet you when I come to Omarama next...
Forum: Soaring November 10th 17, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Train Wreck

Chip,

I think you're on to something!* This might very well be polishing a
pitch for a new series on Discovery Channel.* I mean, how many more
naked mud-bogger wilderness shows can we...
Forum: Soaring November 6th 17, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
US Team Selection process for future years

When did the feelings of someone or another begin to supersede
capability in attaining a goal?* If you want to succeed, you have to
capable individuals, not inclusion and diversity.* Grow up...
Forum: Soaring November 4th 17, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

Hey Raul,

Be sure to bring the new toy to Moriarty!

Dan

On 11/4/2017 6:52 AM, wrote:
On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 11:01:37 PM UTC-5, Bruce Hoult wrote:

The factory has...
Forum: Soaring November 2nd 17, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Clear Nav with Ram mount /Cambridge 302/303 Sage CVA For Sale

Might be helpful to post a price...

On 11/2/2017 7:07 AM, Ken wrote:
Redoing instrument panel. These instruments came in glider I just bought.
Forum: Soaring November 1st 17, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Cup holder

Yes, Bumper, but I understand that your cup holder is simply niggardly
in its energy use.* (David Howard lost his job over use of that word,
but that was a joke.* And, for the offended - look it...
Forum: Soaring October 31st 17, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Antares V Drone

Though we never located any wreckage, we're pretty sure that we
sustained a broadside hit by a drone while flying our Pipistrel Sinus on
downwind for landing.* There was a very loud "bang" and the...
Forum: Soaring October 31st 17, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

Say it ain't so...!* If I didn't have a full-time copilot I'd seriously
look into one of those.

On 10/30/2017 6:15 PM, wrote:

Here goes, my first forum photo post:

Forum: Soaring October 30th 17, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
MKIV Yaw String - the change, and a free offer

That's so true!* I also forgot to mention that the proprietary wool used
in the yaw string comes only from the Icelandic High Country mountain
sheep (females only due to the extra lanolin...