2 Attachment(s) Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20 by Paul Agnew
Very sad to read this tragic news this morning. http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2020/05/bellanca-8gcbc-scout-n4116y-fatal.html?m=1 Comments (anonymous) on the webpage indicate kiting may have been a significant factor. Sincere condolences to the family of the tow pilot and to the members of the...
by Ventus_a Go to last post
205 871 Soaring
Questions/Comments about OGN by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
I am interested in the Open Glider Network (OGN) work with a possible implementation around the Chicago area. See http://wiki.glidernet.org/ for details. You can see tracked objects at http://live.glidernet.org. As you can imagine not much going on right now on January 20th - except around...
HyPoint's "turbo fuel cells" promise huge range and power for eVTOLs by Larry Dighera
The use of LH2 for powering electric aircraft, and automobiles is a subject dear to my heart. The energy density of liquid hydrogen (51,500 Btu/lb (119.93 kJ/g) Lower Heating Value (at 25 C and 1 atm) ) is over two and half times that of gasoline at 19,000 Btu/lb (44.5 kJ/g)....
Yesterday 07:06 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 10 Piloting
powerflarm display track file download by [email protected]
I used to be able to download track files from my powerflarm rectangular butterfly display by inserting a usb, pressing the button and then pressing again on the "flarm" status and again on "log download" without turning the unit off. It no longer does this now I have to power off the unit insert...
by kirk.stant Go to last post
10 109 Soaring
Delta's last MD-88 flight: Farewell to a Mad Dog by BiologyMajor
Delta's last MD-88 flight: Farewell to a Mad Dog Story by Chris Sloan; video by Chris Sloan and Channon Hodge, CNN • Updated 2nd June 2020 Washington to Atlanta (CNN) — In normal times, special flights like Delta Air Lines' retirement of the last McDonnell Douglas MD-80 series aircraft...
Yesterday 05:11 PM
by BiologyMajor Go to last post
0 11 Naval Aviation
K2 battery endurance by John Silverberg
Hi, I'm hoping someone with experience with K2 batteries can help determine if mine are due for replacement. I have dual K2 batteries wired in parallel to supply avionics power. I have an LX9000, S8 and V8 varios, trig transponder, FLARM core, and becker com radio running off them. I'm not sure...
by kinsell Go to last post
41 182 Soaring
Nordicgliding.com is online! by [email protected]
Dear fellow Glider Pilots, Just a quick message to let you know that nordicgliding.com is going live today, complete with the worlds most up-to-date test-archive and a really comprehensive list of other soaring articles, that has value also for non-nordic glider pilots. We (the soaring...
Yesterday 04:00 PM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
1 10 Soaring
Maximum allowable forces on nose and CG hooks by Kenz Dale
Is there a general rule of thumb for the maximum design forces for hooks? And is the nose hook spec'ed for more than the CG hook? I'm assuming the design load is mostly driven by the fuselage/hook connection, the hooks themselves are rated to as much as 14kN.
Yesterday 03:47 PM
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post
3 14 Soaring
Nordicglidng.com new website is online! by [email protected]
Dear fellow Glider Pilots, Just a quick message to let you know that nordicgliding.com is going live today, complete with the worlds most up-to-date test-archive and a really comprehensive list of other soaring articles, that has value also for non-nordic glider pilots. We (the soaring...
Yesterday 10:50 AM
1-26 sport canopy by Colten Coughlin
Hello! Were back to flying and I am beginning to want a sport canopy. Does anybody have a sport canopy that you are interested in selling? Thanks! -Colten Coughlin SGS 1-26B #358
Yesterday 08:59 AM
by Sean[_3_] Go to last post
2 13 Soaring
Power FLARM Portable (North America Version) for sale by Michael Opitz
Selling my Power FLARM Portable. Works fine, just replacing it with a brick/core unit. Latest Firmware installed last weekend. For pictures of the unit and a few included extras see: https://photos.app.goo.gl/gv5uj4fvpGeQKNi5A Asking $1400 plus shipping mropitz1 at aol dot com
1 20 Soaring
Landout at Class C or D tower-controlled airport? by Charles Ethridge
Hi all. I've done thousands of landings in all kinds of airplanes at tower-controlled airports (now called Class B, C and D), but I've never seen a glider land at one. Does ATC frown upon this (unless one declares an emergency in which case you have a new problem) or to they take this in stride...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 02:39 AM
by George Haeh Go to last post
43 128 Soaring
Estimating Wind Speed with a GPS by weemacgregor
On Wednesday, 26 April 2000 03:00:00 UTC-4, Tom Seim wrote: I had a nice flight last Saturday in somewhat windy conditions. I have a new Garmin Pilot III that displays a fairly high resolution flight track. I noticed that I could estimate wind speed (and, of course, direction) by watching...
Yesterday 02:37 AM