Search: Posts made by: Dave Nadler
Forum: Soaring May 21st 18, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
2-33 salvage

On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 6:27:42 PM UTC-4, Waveguru wrote:
This 2-33 is up for a salvage bid.
If you look at the photos, there is no vario in the glider!

Boggs

Only 43820.0 TT!
Forum: Soaring May 20th 18, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Reducing collision hazard at contests

On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 10:10:12 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Suppose all pilots would be required to have a semi-loud, annoying,
Beep - Beep - Beep sound
whenever they were in...
Forum: Soaring April 23rd 18, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Wanting to start a new glider club

On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 4:56:24 PM UTC-4, John Foster wrote:
...I also live in an area that looks to me to be perfect for ridge soaring,
with a range of mountains facing the west that runs...
Forum: Soaring April 20th 18, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Quiet Vent

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 5:36:27 AM UTC-4, bumper wrote:
... the MKIV, QV, SRS (Smooth Ramp Sliders for Cobra trailer ramp),
along with half a dozen other parts for Schleicher...
Forum: Soaring April 18th 18, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Region 5 North backseat rides with YO (Dave Nadler)

Still have seat available Weds, Fri, Sat.
Weather looks to improve after canceled day today.
Contact me directly,
Best Regards, Dave
Forum: Soaring April 10th 18, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
New owner - competition number

On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 2:23:03 PM UTC-4, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:
I have bought my first glider and picking it up saturday.
It's registered in Germany but doesn't have a competition...
Forum: Soaring April 10th 18, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Relieving in flight

On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 11:57:00 AM UTC-4, JS wrote:
... pee tubes ... Trombone mouthpieces

Nice cold chunk of metal - excellent.
Mind the corrosion.
Hope it doesn't freeze...
Forum: Soaring April 8th 18, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Relieving in flight

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 9:56:46 PM UTC-5, wrote:
what are you all using... cathaters. What brand and how are they.

Use...
Forum: Soaring April 8th 18, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Relieving in flight

On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 8:45:05 PM UTC-4, Roy Garden wrote:
...requires a tube running external from the glider

Obviously, get a Mark VIII

...Having read none of the instructions on how...
Forum: Soaring April 6th 18, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Source of green donuts for instrument tubing installation?

On Friday, April 6, 2018 at 1:49:23 PM UTC-4, Movses Babayan wrote:
None of the usual suspects online produce results -
or I don't search using correct...
Forum: Soaring April 6th 18, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Relieving in flight

... One uses another tube, that fits inside this tube, and extends well
below the bottom of the glider, and is drawn...
Forum: Soaring April 5th 18, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Relieving in flight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJJb_ufo8A&feature=youtu.be
Forum: Soaring April 4th 18, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
ILEC SN10/SN10B v2.43 available

Software update v2.43 available he
http://www.nadler.com/sn10/SN10_Resource_Index.html
Enjoy,
Best Regards, Dave

PS: SN10 was used by winner and at least 3 of top 10 at Seniors ;-)
Forum: Soaring March 31st 18, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Round out and flare with fully open spoilers in a PW-6? Other gliders?

On Friday, March 30, 2018 at 3:30:05 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
it is GOOD to push the envelope at the home field on a normal day

Yup, medical attention will be there...
Forum: Soaring March 27th 18, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
(US) Spring Airspace and Airport Data Update

As always Lynn Thanks for your efforts!
Best Regards, Dave (from Grand Prix in Florida, where it is raining)
Forum: Soaring March 9th 18, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
18m Nationals weight restriction at Seminole

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 5:42:37 PM UTC-5, Tango Eight wrote:
An 1150 gross weight limit gives a significant advantage
to the 29s and JS-3s **in this environment** that does not exist...
Forum: Soaring March 9th 18, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
18m Nationals weight restriction at Seminole

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 5:20:04 PM UTC-5, MNLou wrote:
One option you didn't list is a "dry contest".
Just curious as to why that wasn't explored.

That would be quite unfair to gliders with...
Forum: Soaring March 9th 18, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
18m Nationals weight restriction at Seminole

First, make no mistake:
Higher WEIGHT gliders at this site are a real problem.
In addition to length issue, the runway is soft sandy grass.
Gliders with high weights and sometimes smaller tire...
Forum: Soaring March 8th 18, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Inexpensive portable IGC data recorders

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 9:02:45 PM UTC-5, Mike Schumann wrote:
SeeYou Recorder is a free iPhone app that works with OLC.
I'm not sure if it can be used for badge flights.
The only down...
Forum: Soaring March 7th 18, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
$75,000 2-33

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 4:29:20 PM UTC-5, JS wrote:
Could be. Bought my LS4 from Odessa, where I met Skip and Juan.
They did enjoy a laugh.

Nah. Honey, I'm trying to sell it, REALLY!
Forum: Soaring February 27th 18, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Self-Launch ground instruction at the convention??

a ground instruction class on self launch procedures and operations
to be held during the convention...
Forum: Soaring February 24th 18, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Looking for Dennis Gallotti low-altitude visual effects letter

On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 7:16:10 PM UTC-5, Frank Whiteley wrote:
I think the name you may be looking for is Dennis Gaiotti.

Nope (unless Soaring mis-printed his name)
Forum: Soaring February 23rd 18, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Looking for Dennis Gallotti low-altitude visual effects letter

On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 6:05:21 PM UTC-5, Paul Agnew wrote:
At some point, we should get a volunteer team together to create
a searchable database of all past issues of Soaring by article...
Forum: Soaring February 23rd 18, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Looking for Dennis Gallotti low-altitude visual effects letter

On the subject of low altitude training:
Dennis Gallotti wrote an excellent letter to Soaring,
IIRC sometime 1984-1986, about visual effects that cause
problems with low-altitude turns. I've...
Forum: Soaring February 23rd 18, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Need a Nixus Fixus!

No updates for a month - hope everything is OK!
Anybody know if they'll be at the convention?
https://www.facebook.com/NixusProject/