Search: Posts made by: rhwoody
Forum: Soaring November 28th 12, 11:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
Poor service and bad attitude from LXNAV

On Nov 27, 7:27*pm, Michael Clarke
wrote:
Tim,

I echo Richard's comment, in my experience of 40+ years Uros provides the
best support and...
Forum: Soaring May 26th 12, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
For Sale ASW-22BLE 50 R

Available after Uvalde WGC2012
ASW 22 BLE 50 R 26.58 mt.
Construction Nr.22079 12/99
D-KZAC
1050 hours 350 takeoffs, engine 45h
Engines...
Forum: Soaring January 16th 12, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
bleeding Duo Discus brakes

On Jan 11, 12:30*am, Morgan wrote:
Looking for advice on bleeding the brakes on my Duo with the tost 30-9
caliper. *I replaced a shot bleeder valve with a new stahlbus...
Forum: Soaring January 16th 12, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
Stolen EB-28 ever found?

On Jan 16, 7:53*am, rlovinggood wrote:
Back in December of 2007, an EB-28 was reported stolen in the U.K.
The post stated the trailer was found and the fuselage had...
Forum: Soaring March 2nd 11, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
Namibia - Bitterwasser

I just returned from my annual glider flying visit to Bitterwasser in
the African
country of Namibia - it is my 14th consecutive season of glider flying
at Bitterwasser -
this past season I flew 6...
Forum: Soaring January 23rd 11, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
WGC USA 2012 Google Group

On Jan 23, 4:21*am, rhwoody wrote:
On Jan 20, 9:49*pm, Alpha Eight wrote:

The organizers of the 32nd World Gliding Championships have recently
Forum: Soaring January 23rd 11, 11:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
WGC USA 2012 Google Group

On Jan 20, 9:49*pm, Alpha Eight wrote:
The organizers of the 32nd World Gliding Championships have recently
released a Google News Group. This is the official discussion...
Forum: Soaring September 25th 10, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
Scott A14S Oxygen Regulator Manual

Please tell me where I can find an Owner's Manual for a Scott A14S
Oxygen Regulator -
I am trying to assist a glider pilot friend in Europe - thanks in
advance -
rhwoody
Forum: Soaring September 14th 10, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
FLARM Technology for the US Gliding Community

On Sep 14, 8:33*am, Blake Seese wrote:
On Sep 14, 5:09*am, WE wrote:

There has been a lot of talk over the past several months about...
Forum: Soaring September 5th 10, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
Global Warming and what you can do against it

On Sep 5, 9:57*am, "......" wrote:
Dear All,
As you know global warming is endangering the future of life on the
planet. It will also affect us;
rising sea...
Forum: Soaring August 9th 10, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
Flarm in the US

On Aug 9, 11:29*am, Mike Schumann
wrote:
On 8/9/2010 11:57 AM, Andy wrote:

On Aug 9, 9:45 am, Mike
Forum: Soaring June 23rd 09, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
US contest scoring formula is broken

On Jun 23, 7:51*am, T8 wrote:
On Jun 23, 9:18*am, Andy wrote:

On Jun 22, 11:08*pm, Steve Koerner wrote:

Forum: Soaring May 26th 09, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
REPORT UNWANTED POSTINGS ON R.A.S.

HERE IS A BETTER WAY TO "REPORT" UNWANTED POSTINGS ON R.A.S. -

To report a Message:

1. Go to the message you want to report
2. Click on "More options" on the top-right of the message
3....
Forum: Soaring May 20th 09, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
Flying Pants designed for relief in flight

On May 19, 8:30�pm, " wrote:
Cumlus Soaring in the past sold Peeto pants to facilitate airborne
relief. �The last time I ask he had dicontinued the item....
Forum: Soaring May 14th 09, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
Larry Sarner, Linda Rosa, and Jean Mercer: Quackery,Pseudoscience, and Hatred

On May 14, 7:45�am, Al Eddie wrote:
Like, do we care enough...?

LIke "do we care at all?"
Go somewhere else you jerk
Forum: Soaring May 7th 08, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
Zander flight computers

Zander flight computers - are there any experts out there for the
latest Zander flight computer -
please send me an email - I now own one and would like to ask some
questions. Thanks in advance.
Forum: Soaring October 14th 07, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
Danish Soaring Society DSvU discussion forum closed!

On Oct 14, 11:18�am, Bob Whelan
wrote:
Lars Peder Hansen wrote:
Dear RAS'ers: This is a warning.

Lately, there has been a bitter personal feud between...
Forum: Soaring March 2nd 07, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
Mileage Credit Cards - Clarification

Clarification - what I am looking for is the following -
Visa or MC credit cards or other - not necessarily afilitated with an
airline that store/accummulate miles that do not expire, that...
Forum: Soaring March 2nd 07, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
Mileage Credit Cards

I have 2 mileage credit cards controlled by Bank of America - I want
to change to
airline mileage credit cards that store the mileage and are not
controlled by Bank
of America - which credit cards...
Forum: Soaring September 26th 06, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
Night lights, night flights, OLC and records

PS my email is - regards, Woody

Andy wrote:
Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

In US night, as defined for pilot certification, flying currency, and
flight...
Forum: Soaring August 30th 06, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
Collision Avoidance and ATC

Headline should read - "HAWKER PILOT AND CO-PILOT DID NOT LOOK OUT THE
FRONT
WINDSHIELD OF THEIR AIRCRAFT AND RAN INTO A GLIDER" - they were
probably doing pre-landing
tasks. All biz jet pilots...
Forum: Soaring August 26th 06, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By rhwoody
FS Strong 303 Mfgd. 6/98

FS Strong 303 backpack, 26' steerable, shock foam pad with sheepskin
by factory, B-12 snaps on leg and chest straps, never jumped, excellent
condition, gray with blue trim,
fully adjustable harness,...