2 Attachment(s) US by joet5[_2_]
Today 07:09 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 1 Aviation Photos
Hero emulation by son_of_flubber
I stumbled across a young 150 hour glider pilot online, who had recently seen a low pass on a Grand Prix video. He thought 'that was neat', and so he decided to 'try that at home' on his own. He landed cleanly on his first attempt.
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 1 Aviation Photos
Today 07:06 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 1 Aviation Photos
Today 07:06 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 1 Aviation Photos
Today 07:06 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 1 Aviation Photos
Today 07:06 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 2 Aviation Photos
Today 07:06 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 1 Aviation Photos
Today 07:06 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 1 Aviation Photos
Today 07:06 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 1 Aviation Photos
Today 07:06 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 1 Aviation Photos
Looking for Dennis Gallotti low-altitude visual effects letter by Dave Nadler
On the subject of low altitude training: Dennis Gallotti wrote an excellent letter to Soaring, IIRC sometime 1984-1986, about visual effects that cause problems with low-altitude turns. I've misplaced it, and a couple folks have asked me about it... Anybody know where to find this? Thanks! Best...
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post
14 16 Soaring
FS: 5 Becker 4201 + 1 Becker 3201 + 1 Dittel FSG5 Handheld by Ross[_3_]
As the titel says, we have a few good radios that we need new homes for Priced at $400 each, but we are willing to do deals to help out clubs The 3201 can go for $200 The FSG5 $450 We also have a big yellow Dittel Basepack that currently has a Dittel FSG60m in it. It does require some work on...
ClearVav vs. LXNav by Gerry Simpson
New glider on the way. Would like objective opinions from pilots who have flown with both ClearNav and LXNav and spent enough time to make an honest, educated evaluation. Let me preface this with the information that I have flown with ClearNav since being an early adopter. Both appear to have...
by Ramy[_2_] Go to last post
71 432 Soaring
Traffic Awareness and Collision Avoidance Talks at the SSA Convention by Darryl Ramm
I know folks can't get enough of Traffic Awareness and Collision Avoidance and ADS-B information :-) At the SSA Convention next week John Roper marketing manager from Trig is going to be talking about ADS-B and especially the Trig TN72 low-cost ADS-B/TABS GPS source that there has been a lot of...
Today 03:46 AM
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
0 5 Soaring
Identify this airplane, please by [email protected]
I have a friend who bought an airplane in 1962, and he cannot remember the make. It was a white or cream taildragger with tandem seating and a control stick rather than a yoke. It was a high-wing airplane, and it was easy to fly. He bought it when he was 15, for $600, and his only training was...
Today 02:44 AM
by Clare Snyder Go to last post
2 13 Home Built
Self-Launch ground instruction at the convention?? by [email protected]
a ground instruction class on self launch procedures and operations to be held during the convention might benefit a few pilots. I know it's a bit late.... Maybe it's too dependent on self-launch type?
Today 02:16 AM
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
1 9 Soaring
Strong 305 chair parachute for sale by Robert Holliday
I am selling a like new 2007 chute. Used but never deployed. Recent repack. $1000.
Need a Nixus Fixus! by Dave Nadler
No updates for a month - hope everything is OK! Anybody know if they'll be at the convention? https://www.facebook.com/NixusProject/
Yesterday 10:24 PM
by Dave Nadler Go to last post
0 9 Soaring
Minimum number of flights for winch sign off? by Waveguru
What would be the consensus for the minimum number of flights to get a ground launch sign off for an experienced glider pilot? How many cable breaks and at what altitude? Of course it would take more for some and less for others, but I would think at least 15 launches with 5 cable breaks at various...
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
44 234 Soaring
RIP Matt Wright (Balleka on YouTube) by Stephan van den Berg
Dreadful news coming from the UK today. Matt Wright (Balleka on YouTube) was tragically killed in a mid-air whilst flying his glider this weekend. I believe he collided with a power plane. I'm sure we have all watched some of Matt's videos on YouTube over and over. He will be sorely missed. RIP...
73 2,096 Soaring
ASW owners forum on Yahoo? by GeneReinecke
I can't seem to find the ASW-20 or 27 forums anymore. Are they still there? Different name? Spammed out? Gene
Yesterday 08:16 PM
by Sean Eckstein Go to last post
1 15 Soaring
Identify this taildragger by Danl J
I have a friend who bought an airplane in 1962, and he cannot remember the make. It was a white or cream taildragger with tandem seating and a control stick rather than a yoke. It was a high-wing airplane, and it was easy to fly. He bought it when he was 15, for $600, and his only training was...
Yesterday 05:47 PM
by Danl J Go to last post
0 11 Piloting
looking for a used parachute by [email protected]
If anyone has a used backpack-style parachute for sale, please let me know. I'm looking for one that is less than 10 years old and in excellent condition. Matt
Yesterday 04:39 PM
by Larry Goddard[_2_] Go to last post
by Miloch Go to last post
0 6 Aviation Photos