Search: Posts made by: Todd W. Deckard
Forum: Piloting April 26th 09, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
unrestricted commercial operating under part 91

I thought that you could enter into a contract with a group to provide them
flying services
and it could be operated under part-91?

There were some litmus tests to see if you were providing...
Forum: Piloting March 14th 09, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
On Sharing airspace with "non-rated UAV "pilots"

a GlobalHawk is flown entirely with a mouse. The operator is not "flying
it" they are commanding it over specific profiles ...
Forum: Owning January 28th 09, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
Selling Aircraft

Ross makes a very good point here that is often misunderstood. LSA pilots
(like glider pilots) self-certify.
This is different from "not requiring a medical." The basic premise of the
medical...
Forum: Piloting January 21st 09, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
Why does one need to LEAN OUT a CARB when climbing?

Tman,

I've been pondering your question quite a bit. I believe I have it. In
deference to Dan my Camaro never idled correctly.

Ultimately your engine depends on the mass flow of air divided by...
Forum: Piloting January 20th 09, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
Why does one need to LEAN OUT a CARB when climbing?

"Tman" wrote in message
Somebody posed that seemingly simple question to me, but kept coming back
to the point that...
Forum: Piloting September 20th 08, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
Do CAP members salute?

Agreed

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

They're supposed to, but in fact a large percentage of CAP personell are
as
crazy...
Forum: Piloting September 7th 08, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
airport cars

The vehicle owner carries the primary liability burden, not the driver.

Make sure you disclose to your insurance agency that this is the intended
use of the vehicle ...

"Shirl"...
Forum: Owning September 7th 08, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
airport cars

The vehicle owner carries the primary liability burden, not the driver.

Make sure you disclose to your insurance agency that this is the intended
use of the vehicle ...

"Shirl"...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 7th 08, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
airport cars

The vehicle owner carries the primary liability burden, not the driver.

Make sure you disclose to your insurance agency that this is the intended
use of the vehicle ...

"Shirl"...
Forum: Piloting May 30th 08, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
Denver GA airport

I'd recommend Jeffco (BJC) as well. We received very good service from the
Steven's Aviation folks last time we were there in December.

"Clark" wrote in message...
Forum: Home Built March 21st 08, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

Many years ago I had a '170 based at the Waunakee Wisconsin airpark. I was
coming in to land and a little
fellow cuts towards the runway on his bike. As I overfly he drops it right
on the...
Forum: Piloting March 21st 08, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

Many years ago I had a '170 based at the Waunakee Wisconsin airpark. I was
coming in to land and a little
fellow cuts towards the runway on his bike. As I overfly he drops it right
on the...
Forum: Piloting December 28th 07, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
spins from coordinated flight

For my conclusion I am fixed in the stall + yaw = spin (where I was to start
with).

I appreciate the references to the Transport Canada material as the tendency
for the airplane to
"go over the...
Forum: Aerobatics December 28th 07, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
spins from coordinated flight

For my conclusion I am fixed in the stall + yaw = spin (where I was to start
with).

I appreciate the references to the Transport Canada material as the tendency
for the airplane to
"go over the...
Forum: Piloting December 27th 07, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
spins from coordinated flight

Your right, a string taped to the canopy is much better. Hah!
Todd

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
I feel the ball is the least necessary instrument on the
entire panel...
Forum: Aerobatics December 27th 07, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
spins from coordinated flight

Your right, a string taped to the canopy is much better. Hah!
Todd

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
I feel the ball is the least necessary instrument on the
entire panel...
Forum: Piloting December 27th 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
spins from coordinated flight

Stefan,

I am currently chanting the "ball centered = no spin" mantra. However
I am very sympathetic to your explaination that its a difference in AoA.
In the end, that may be the purest way to...
Forum: Aerobatics December 27th 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
spins from coordinated flight

Stefan,

I am currently chanting the "ball centered = no spin" mantra. However
I am very sympathetic to your explaination that its a difference in AoA.
In the end, that may be the purest way to...
Forum: Piloting December 27th 07, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
spins from coordinated flight

That is to say "stall reocover while turning and climbing is not mandatory"

"Todd W. Deckard" wrote in message
They are not...
Forum: Aerobatics December 27th 07, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
spins from coordinated flight

That is to say "stall reocover while turning and climbing is not mandatory"

"Todd W. Deckard" wrote in message
They are not...
Forum: Aerobatics December 27th 07, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
spins from coordinated flight

I reviewed the current copy of the Private Pilot PTS and it references
"maintain heading +/- 10 degrees in straight ahead flight, *or* not to
exceed 20 degrees ... in turning flight"
It would appear...
Forum: Piloting December 27th 07, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
spins from coordinated flight

I reviewed the current copy of the Private Pilot PTS and it references
"maintain heading +/- 10 degrees in straight ahead flight, *or* not to
exceed 20 degrees ... in turning flight"
It would appear...
Forum: Piloting December 27th 07, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
spins from coordinated flight

For the purposes of my question I am referring to coordinated as:

If the horizontal component of lift is exactly equal and opposite the
apparent centrifugal force (a coordinated
turn). The pilot...
Forum: Aerobatics December 27th 07, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
spins from coordinated flight

For the purposes of my question I am referring to coordinated as:

If the horizontal component of lift is exactly equal and opposite the
apparent centrifugal force (a coordinated
turn). The pilot...
Forum: Aerobatics December 27th 07, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Posted By Todd W. Deckard
spins from coordinated flight

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
My thought is that we're splitting hairs in this thread. If the airplane
is in coordinated flight and stalls straight ahead (no wing...