Search: Posts made by: gk
Forum: Rotorcraft August 14th 08, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By gk
Hughes 269 LTS

Stu,

The HTS (High Tip Speed) assembly has a gearbox with a circular boss as
part of the casting. This boss fit into the tail boom and was secured
with 10-32 capscrews that went through the tail...
Forum: Rotorcraft August 10th 08, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By gk
Hughes 269 LTS

Brien wrote:
What are the advantages of the LTS over the HTS.

Quieter and better tail rotor authority. Also, HTS parts are really
scarce and not produced anymore.

Gary
Forum: Rotorcraft February 19th 08, 07:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By gk
Newsgroup topics

Stu,

I have 500+ hours in a 269A and about 20 in an R22. I never did get
comfortable in the thing plus the roof was too low. I didn't seem to be
able to get used to the "swinging" cyclic. I...
Forum: Rotorcraft January 30th 08, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By gk
Flat free ground handling wheels

The wheels for my 269A were aluminum and the tires were inflated to
70psi. The aluminum wheels meant that I could take them along if needed
and if the tires were kept at approximately 70 it was an...
Forum: Rotorcraft November 17th 07, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By gk
Aerokopter

I can't believe the workmanship on this unit. It appears to be a 21st
century Hughes 269 (which is a good thing). Looks like excellent value
for your $s. This could renew my heli flying. I am...