Flying with Parachutes by John Huthmaker
I'm just starting out with soaring. Simple question for you guys. How many of you fly with an emergency parachute? It looks like they cost around $2000 online. Pretty steep price; although the cost is insignificant if it saves your life. Is this something I should be looking to purchase?
by flgliderpilot[_2_] Go to last post
52 156 Soaring
Perlan High Altitude Tow Plane by Frank Whiteley
http://www.reporterherald.com/lifestyles/neighbors/ci_32061333/loveland-family-soaring-new-heights-study-earths-stratosphere Arne is an SSA member and member of Colorado Soaring Association.
Yesterday 10:04 PM
by kinsell Go to last post
8 24 Soaring
Follow Perlan flights live by danlj
http://www.perlanproject.cloud/VirtualCockpit.html Flying now, probably Thursday; not Wednesday.
Yesterday 09:03 PM
by danlj Go to last post
0 5 Soaring
What magic do the JS3 and Ventus 3 have that the ASG-29 Does not? by Bojack J4
After the definitive spanking these two new models gave to the previously dominant ASG-29, there has to be a superiority. So, what is it? (And yes, the pilot matters...but look at the results in 18m Worlds competition)
Need Help by Bob Youngblood
Just recently bought a Pawnee in Mt. Sterling , Illinois. Plan on possibly taking it apart to ship to Florida. Are there any glider guys out there that would be willing to give me a hand in taking the ole girl apart for shipping? I am willing to pay for help and probably all the beer you can drink....
Yesterday 03:45 PM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
5 33 Soaring
FS Security 350 parachutes qty 2 by Gary Guinn
I have 2 Security 350 parachutes both red. both kept in their bags, in my closet. 1 built April 1984...last packed 12/2016 Very nice shape. 1 built April 1983...last packed 12/2015 nice shape....bag zipper sticks..
Yesterday 02:31 PM
by Gary Guinn Go to last post
0 14 Soaring
Any LAK 17B FES owners out there? by David Kinlan
Just took delivery of a LAK 17B FES and would like to share advice, tips, etc with other owners. Is there anyone out there?
Yesterday 01:22 PM
by John Thomson Go to last post