Search: Posts made by: Stefan Lörchner
Forum: Rotorcraft August 8th 07, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Stefan Lörchner
Helicopter School / whats in a name

1) Is there any room in the helo business for civilian pilots. From

I know ONLY one ex-mil. The rest is predominantly self-made.

2) Is it better to get my license from a well known school or...
Forum: Rotorcraft July 10th 07, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Stefan Lörchner
Helicycle down

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:48:03 -0700, The OTHER Kevin in San Diego skiddz
"AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote:

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 08:40:02 -0700, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
Forum: Rotorcraft December 22nd 06, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Stefan Lörchner
Dumb Question

Why should a ducted fan/rotor not be capable of working in autorotation?
I never heard about that and cannot find a reason.

How could it? With a duct around it, would you not have to...
Forum: Rotorcraft December 20th 06, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Stefan Lörchner
Dumb Question

My guess is that because the tips are enclosed inside a duct that there
is no vortex or boundary effects at the tips?

Although some VTOL aircraft have been designed with ducted fans, I...
Forum: Rotorcraft December 20th 06, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Stefan Lörchner
Dumb Question

Hmm, I'm thinking about say 60,000rpm or 10,000 rps with a 3 metre
diameter fan.(Making these numbers up but I expect they are in the
ballpark) therefore the tip is travelling approx 9m *...
Forum: Rotorcraft November 22nd 06, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Stefan Lörchner
Helicopter Simulators ------ OT for Kevin or anyone

completely, and fly a traffic pattern in the FS9 Bell 206. Sometimes
the landing has some ground speed and my nose is not always lined up but
at any rate it's not realistic.

I used X-Plane for...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 6th 06, 09:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stefan Lörchner
How can we "fix" LEX to prevent wrong runway selection everywhere?

I find myself wondering what the cost of a low-power ground radar

I don't see anything being necessary.
Accidents will happen in the future and they will always happen if
humans are involved. There...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules July 30th 06, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stefan Lörchner
Non-precision approach without a published MAP?

Until this approach, I had not encountered a non-precision approach without
a published missed approach point. Is this more common than my experience
has provided to date?

almost every VOR-A...