CNv ADC Connections Question by Jim Meade
I seek info on the connections between the ClearNavII display and the CNv ADC plug. The plug has 10 sockets. 1/2 speaker, 3/4 spoiler/gear, 5/6 spoiler/gear, 7/8 spoiler/gear/OAT, 9/10 Ground & power. The 3 center pairs are configurable. I am using 7/8 for OAT. 3/4 and 5/6 are therefore...
Today 02:18 PM
by Tango Eight Go to last post
1 11 Soaring
LX Nav Varios, Bluetooth & XCSoar by SAM
I'm interested in connecting LX Nav varions (EOS or ERA) to XCSoar via bluetooth. From the manuals, xcsoar config screens, and old posts here it looks like that *should* be possible. Does anyone have experience doing it? I've got XCSoar on a couple android phones and a nexxxus 7 tablet. Simply...
by Roy Garden Go to last post
13 48 Soaring
K8b restoration by John Foster
I was given a junked K8b due to water damage to the wood at the wing root and multiple tears in the original fabric and chipped/peeling paint. However, it looks like it may be restorable (worth it, that's another story). Anyway, I'm interested to know if there is an online repair manual that lays...
Possible upgrade my Blank L-23 by [email protected]
I'm considering upgrading our two-place with a glass ship. Just mulling it over to help the cold winter pass. Is there much demand for L-23's? Mine has just under 2000TT & includes a factory trailer. And yes I do check Wings & Wheels on a regular basis but L-23's don't often pop up...
Grob 103 Spoiler Mechanism Removal? by George Haeh
We are refurbishing and have the spoilers off, but so far have not seen a way to remove the arms and pushrods. Any hints or special tools?
Calling RV 6 Driver by George Haeh
RV 6, I added my email, , to the G-103 harness question. Phone is 403-370-9033. Would love to see the photo.
Today 03:05 AM
by George Haeh Go to last post
2 46 Soaring
Affect of Alcohol (Beer) on Soaring and Soaring Racing by [email protected]
I know Sebastian Kawa and a few others never touch alcohol. Some racing pilots stay away around competitions. Others have a beer waiting on ice when they land. Is it just a high performance athlete focusing thing - or is there more to it. I did a search and couldn't fined any discussions. WH
We all talk about "oh poop planning" usually relating to near theground....another view... by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
Keep in mind, among the worst sailplanes are 20:1 or higher. Best jets.....I have no clue, guess high single numbers? What about a current fighter jet?!?! Here is a nice discussion from AOPA (I am a glider pilot with some power time, but mostly joined for the lobbyist's for GA and the CFI-G...
0 12 Soaring
SHK-1 Polar Curve by [email protected]
I am looking for a polar curve for an SHK-1 (Schempp-Hirth, but from 1968!!!). Can anyone help? Dave McCormick
Gliding to Racing ACA Seminar! by [email protected]
Hey Guys, Our next great seminar is less than two weeks away! Sign up here! March 2nd: Gliding to Racing- Learning to Soar! Tickets at: https://aca-gliding-to-racing.eventbrite.com All the best, Daniel
TOW PLANE Accident by Richard Garrity
Skyline Soaring Club has suffered a tragic loss of a member in the crash of our tow plane. The accident occurred on October 7th while towing an ASK21.. The glider released at very low altitude and returned safely to the airport. The NTSB is investigating and factual information is shown on their...
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
22 279 Soaring
Disassemble an L-23 Fuselage? by Terry Pitts
Is an L-23's fuselage made essentially as one assembly, or are there fore and aft subassemblies bolted/riveted together? Though I've not (yet) seen either one, the specifics are an L-23 with a damaged nose and another L-23 with a damaged rear fuselage... I obviously don't know the answer, or I...
Yesterday 05:50 PM
by Charles Longley Go to last post
8 41 Soaring
Rv rental by [email protected]
Wondering if anyone would be interested in renting there rv during the May 15 Meter National in Bermuda High SC. Jake Alspaugh 336-816-1785