Tropics Are Heating Up. by Bob Youngblood
As we get closer to August the tropics are showing those typical late summer cyclone development possibilities. There is one on the horizon for early Sunday, so I guess it is time to put the gliders in the box and store on a secure location. Our club will be securing all gliders and I will take the...
Today 01:21 PM
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
9 53 Soaring
Scary story about landing on a Lake Tahoe golf course by 2G
Good part was it was late in the day and there were no golfers on this hole: https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?dsId=8033935
by Rakel Go to last post
81 230 Soaring
First Ridge Traverse - Wyoming Range, Wyoming by Tim Taylor
Like first ascents in climbing, first ridge traverses in soaring can be challenging. We had the pleasure today to do a first traverse on the Wyoming Range in western Wyoming, just south of Jackson Hole. Many years ago I pioneered the ridge run on the Salt River Range, it took several years to...
Today 05:45 AM
by Tim Taylor Go to last post
0 19 Soaring
inverted Schweizer towhook by [email protected]
Does anyone use, or have a field approval for, the inverted Schweizer towhook Pawnee installation described in Soaring May 1996 pages 7-8? Here is a direct link to that article https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsp9r0oj2nyz8nx/%20Inverted%20Schweizer%20towhooks.doc?dl=0
Mid Week Towing Availability by Roy B.
With the contest season a bust this year I am thinking about taking the glider on a road trip to someplace in the US where I can fly for a week or more. So - can we please start a string here about tow operations where tows (or even winch/auto launches) are available mid week, or 6-7 days per week?...
by Boots Go to last post
17 85 Soaring
New SB (SB-G09) on elevator pushrods for most all Grobs by soaringjac
See the link below http://www.ltb-lindner.com/g-102-ad-sb.html?file=tl_files/ltb_lindner/pdf/G%20102%20LTA%20%26%20TM%20Englisch/SB-G09_elevator%20pushrod_200408.pdf
by soaringjac Go to last post
34 335 Soaring
YOUR AUGUST UPDATE by johnhamish[_2_]
IT IS PACKED READY FOR DESPATCH Gliding International is now a monthly aviation journal. It has had a major revamp, a new art director and added two new journalists. Both printed and digital issues will be posted starting Monday. A copy for you is ready to despatch too. Your sub has...
Today 12:20 AM
by Paul T[_4_] Go to last post
2 32 Soaring
Stowable dolly for taxing by DG Flugzeugbau by [email protected]
Hi, Anyone has experience with this product? I am thinking about using ot with DG600 https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/library/a-foldable-and-stowable-wing-dolly-for-taxiing S
Yesterday 09:56 PM
by Dave Walsh[_2_] Go to last post