Closing 2018 Andes Open along with 8th WSGP Vitacura, Chile. by [email protected]
Let's be accurate, Tom. Beautiful BLIND French woman wants you for an interview.
Today 02:14 PM
by Tom Kelley #711 Go to last post
1 14 Soaring
No guns? No problem. Air traffic controller arrested for allegedly possessing weapon of mass destruction. by David Fritz
A North Carolina air traffic controller with access to a control tower was arrested Friday for possessing, transporting and acquiring a weapon of mass destruction, police said. Paul George Dandan, 30, was booked along with his roommate, Derrick Fells, in Charlotte, local reports said. The...
Today 02:12 PM
by Racosi Go to last post
2 368 General Aviation
Looping a standard cirrus by [email protected]
Who has done a loop in a standard cirrus? Any comments or hints. Currently getting some acro training with the goal of looping my cirrus.
Today 11:17 AM
by Surge Go to last post
8 21 Soaring
1 Attachment(s) Bristol Britannia by Miloch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Britannia The Bristol Type 175 Britannia was a British medium-to-long-range airliner built by the Bristol Aeroplane Company in 1952 to fly across the British Empire. During development two prototypes were lost and the turboprop engines proved susceptible to...
1 21 Aviation Photos
Parachute Lumbar Bladder by Roy B.
Does anybody know a source for the inflatable lumbar bladder (with hose & pump bulb) that goes in some parachute packs - like the old Security 150s? ROY
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
11 27 Soaring
Aviation Goodness - not quite soaring .... by CindyB[_2_]
Aviation is getting some good press in SoCal. Montecito was clobbered. http://abc7.com/volunteer-pilots-offer-flights-in-aftermath-of-mudslides/2949233/ We can say this is not about soaring, or we can say it is about aviation making hearts soar, during some pretty trying times for some people...
Today 04:48 AM
by CindyB[_2_] Go to last post
0 10 Soaring
Oct 2017 publication - Dynamic Soaring - Albatross - Full text by son_of_flubber
For your winter reading pleasure... http://rsif.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/14/135/20170496?ijkey=08c89f158d9ce14537b37cb4e47d098c4169ddbd&keytype2=tf_ipsecsha
Today 04:40 AM
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
2 10 Soaring
When to get a parachute? by John Foster
I will be starting glider flying lessons this year once the weather warms up sufficiently, and am wondering at what point I should consider getting a parachute. I also plan to get my own glider, hopefully sooner than later, but will obviously need to be a certified glider pilot before that...
Wingtip Wheels from Libelle 201? by [email protected]
Anyone have a source for the little hard plastic wingtip wheels that were recessed into the Libelle 201 wingtips? The early gliders didn't have them but I know of at least one owner who got them from Glasflugel and added them later. For those with long memories, W1 (Woody Woodward) installed one...
1 16 Aviation Photos
1-26 Utilization and Participation by [email protected]
I would like to put out all call to all the clubs out there who still operate a 1-26. If you have new members just getting started with an interest in cross country soaring, your lowly club 1-26 can be a real economical tool for them. The 1-26 Association has numerous awards to incentivize xc...
Closing 2018 Andes Open along with 8th WSGP Vitacura, Chile. by Tom Kelley #711
On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 2:21:47 AM UTC-3, Haven wrote: On Sunday, January 14, 2018 at 3:12:57 PM UTC-8, Tom Kelley #711 wrote: On Sunday, January 14, 2018 at 11:05:18 AM UTC-3, Tango Eight wrote: On Sunday, January 14, 2018 at 8:27:56 AM UTC-5, Tom Kelley #711 wrote: ...
Yesterday 08:50 PM
by Tom Kelley #711 Go to last post