Libelle by Ross[_3_]
So this is a bit of a strange story. Up for sale last week on Ebay was this old lady: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Standard-Libelle-Glasflugel-Glider-First-Registered-in-1976-/252990052032?hash=item3ae761d6c0:g:ztMAAOSwCkZZQCZX&vxp=mtr And less than a week later, without even changing pictures or...
When gliders fail in flight, but pilots manage to land by son_of_flubber
Bruno Vassel recalls how the control stick broke off in a glider pilot's hand and how that pilot landed the aircraft safely (using rudder to turn and trim to control speed). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF0tTzvU8IM&t=411s Another favorite scenario is 'one spoiler stuck open'... the pilot opened...
by Eric Munk Go to last post
17 67 Soaring
Accelerated spin in unexpected direction at low altitude by [email protected]
There are three messages here Your glider may not always enter spin in the same direction you turn or circle. At high bank 50-60 degree in tight turn with high G load your upper wing may stall first. In a split second you can get in accelerated spin in unexpected direction. Scenario could be a new...
WTB 1-26, 1-36, 1-34 by Tango Eight
My club is seeking an airworthy single seat Schweizer glider, no projects. We're interested in 1-26 D / E, 1-36 or 1-34 (fixed gear). Reply to author or look me up on ssa.org. Evan Ludeman Post Mills Soaring Club Post Mills, VT
Parachute Landing by Dan Marotta
Start viewing this at 1:23. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikzyqd9zzCY I think he might have made a* better landing under a rectangular chute. -- Dan, 5J
Today 12:18 AM
by Bruce Hoult Go to last post
3 16 Soaring
Discus 2 Optimal CG location by Dave Springford
Can anyone advise the optimal CG location for a D2? If the 2a and 2b have different optimal locations, I would like to know both. TIA, Dave
Stall, spin fatality today in Arizona. by Waveguru
Lost one of my best friends.... Boggs
by Waveguru Go to last post
12 78 Soaring
Former Meigs Site Ideal for Outdoor Fests, Too Remote for Vegas StyleSnipers ! by [email protected]
https://lakeshakefestival.com/schedule/ Vacuums worked to suck up the water from Northerly Island, ahead of the three-day country music festival that is underway. CBS 2’s Mai Martinez reports the organizers of the music fest don’t want Northerly Island to turn into a mud fest, so they’re...
0 20 Piloting
WANTED: PowerFlarm by [email protected]
I'm looking for a used PowerFLARM Core or PowerFLARM Portable. Thanks Please email rich dot starke at gmail dot com
Yesterday 04:36 PM
by Richard Pfiffner[_2_] Go to last post