Forum: Home Built March 28th 11, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Time to Head Out.

On Mar 24, 7:22*pm, brian whatcott wrote:
Today I arranged to fly from Altus Okla, to Corpus TX to visit with my
younger son, starting April 6th. Then I noticed the April...
Forum: Owning February 9th 11, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Advice on prop aircraft

On Jan 31, 6:16*am, marques.jpf wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new here, but i'll go straight to the point that made me register
:)

In the near future, i'm going to become...
Forum: Owning February 8th 11, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Cessna 340 High Altitude Operations (Please Help)

On Feb 1, 9:43*pm, UIO Spotter wrote:
Scott, you made my day! THANK YOU! Finnaly some one took the time to
give me a logical explanation. *I for some reason never thought of...
Forum: Home Built January 17th 11, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
status of Delta Hawk diesel

Lots of hype on Diesels in airplanes, little action.

I wonder if the problem is the sharpness of the combustion event
destroying props?

Bill Hale BPPP instructor

On Jan 3, 9:19*am, jan...
Forum: Owning February 26th 10, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Need Help with VOR error adjustment

On Feb 5, 4:09*am, "EK" wrote:
Thanks Bill.
How is the adjustment made for minor deviation? Is it on the indicator or
the radio? Appreciate your input.

Forum: Owning February 4th 10, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Need Help with VOR error adjustment

On Feb 3, 5:38*am, "PiperFlyer" wrote:
King KI-209 with MX170B, shows an error of 30 degrees. Is there an
adjustment screw on the indicator or a correction potentiometer...
Forum: Home Built May 24th 09, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gluing rubber pieces

Trying to repair the foot on the extension laddder I use
in the hangar.

It needs a new rubber foot.

I'm riviting a 1/4" piece or rubber to the aluminum foot.
Then I want to glue a 1/8" piece to the...
Forum: Owning May 23rd 09, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Cessna 172 Empty CGs

I'm working with a Cessna 172A, which is the '59 model.

It has a full panel with a pair of KX170s, and an ADF. It has been
modified with the 0-300D engine which supports a vacuum pump.
This is the...
Forum: Owning September 22nd 08, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Overhaul !!!!! ??????

On Sep 18, 3:30*pm, Denny wrote:
My 30+ year old Lycoming 4 banger had 1650 hours SMOH with a *weak
cylinder and solid oil pressure and no sign of bottom end wear.. I
Forum: Owning September 15th 08, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
navion questions (ping Ron Natalie)

On Sep 11, 11:36*pm, wrote:
Hi Ron (and other Navion owners),
*I presently own a Grumman Traveler, I'm kinda mulling over purchasing
a retract and the first plane that...
Forum: Owning July 2nd 08, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Alternator noise on Xmit only

On Jul 1, 6:34*pm, David Lesher wrote:
"Mike Noel" writes:
So running a grounding wire from the jack to the radio tray is not enough?

You want to...
Forum: Owning June 28th 08, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
HID Lighting Questions

On Jun 27, 7:40*pm, Steve - KDMW wrote:
Some questions on HID lighting. I have a 1974 PA28-151 and would like
to replace my landing light (cowl mounted) with an HID...
Forum: Owning June 28th 08, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
First flight in our "new" Ercoupe...

CA Kingsford-Smith, son of the real deal and owner of a Luscombe once
remarked that the "biggest delta X in flying was getting off the
ground!"

I guess you are demonstrating that. More of us will...
Forum: Home Built June 4th 08, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Power LEDs

On Jun 4, 9:55*am, wrote:
On Jun 2, 8:06*am, "RST Engineering" wrote:

Much better, more light for the same current, LedEngin from...
Forum: Home Built June 2nd 08, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Power LEDs

Jim,

I flew a Bonanza G-36 that the new owner had spent bazillions on. A
truly elegant
feature it had was some sort of strip of blue white LEDs under the
edge of the glare shield.

Overall effect...
Forum: Owning May 26th 08, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
What would you buy with a 50k budget?

On May 17, 5:24*am, Kirk Ellis wrote:
A fellow pilot/friend and I have been knocking around the idea of
doing a 2-way partnership on an aircraft next summer. I have had my
ticket since 1998...
Forum: Owning May 21st 08, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
What would you buy with a 50k budget?

For example, I just heard of a guy buying this plane:

Cherokee Archer II 3000TT 0 SMOH, nice condition.

Garmin stack including 430. $60K. Not quite in your price range.

Hang in there. You...
Forum: Owning May 20th 08, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Piper single axis autocontrol question.

On Apr 21, 7:31*pm, "Mike Noel" wrote:
I pulled the rear floorboard again and tried turning the servo capstan with
a wrench on the center shaft nut. *I was able to turn the...
Forum: Owning May 20th 08, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
What would you buy with a 50k budget?

I have a hunch that the market is bad enough that you will be able to
get a much better plane for $50K than many are suggesting.

I think they would be really hard to sell right about now.

So many...
Forum: Owning April 21st 08, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Piper single axis autocontrol question.

I don't know the pipers well enough to comment specifically,
but this surely shouldn't be happening. it's a safety of flight
issue.

The cable should be constrained so it can't slip on the...
Forum: Owning April 12th 08, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
ZAON XRX Problem

On Apr 11, 8:23*pm, Steve - KDMW wrote:
Anyone seen this?...

I have a new XRX that I've flown with about 10 times now. Today, when
I turned
Good thing it has a...
Forum: Owning April 12th 08, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Compass trouble

It's possible that something got magnetized during a lightening
strike. Happens
in Mooneys where that 4130 chromealloy tube runs down the center of
the
windshield.

You should check it on cardinal...
Forum: Home Built April 9th 08, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
advice for kit

On Apr 9, 2:11*pm, wrote:
Hello,

*I was hoping to get some thoughts/opinions on purchasing a complete
Glasair III kit that has been sitting untouched in it's original...
Forum: Owning March 11th 08, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
AGM Batteries

I hate rebuilding the battery box every few years. It's getting
pretty thin!! So I love the RG batteries.

I'm getting about 30 months too.

Check your bus voltage. If it's too high, the battery...
Forum: Owning February 29th 08, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Got *that* call today...

Doug,

Do you have a 180hp or something that uses the cs prop?

For learning, how did they observe the horizontal stab spar cracks?

Looking in from where? Can you see them?

Bill H. Loveland CO