Search: Posts made by: 4Z
Forum: Soaring June 18th 13, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 4Z
TE probes

I suspect that a repair I did recently on the TE probe on my DG 800B
didn't work. So it's time to get a replacement. My factory probe is
8mm but the end that fits into the receptacle has a small...
Forum: Soaring April 30th 13, 12:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 4Z
Werker SLA batteries? (... better than PowerSonic?)

On Apr 29, 7:10*pm, 2NO wrote:
I'm growing weary of my PowerSonic (PoS) batteries crapping out a few minutes after their 1 year warranty expries.

Are Werker batteries any...
Forum: Soaring April 29th 13, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 4Z
Motorgliders on OLC?

On Apr 29, 8:30*am, Waveguru wrote:
I would like to see how many points the motorglider guys would end up scoring if their motor was rendered unavailable after launch. * A...
Forum: Soaring April 29th 13, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 4Z
FS SN10, GPS NAV

Cambridge GPS NAV, $400
Ilec SN10, $1100
$1400 for both
Offers?
Forum: Soaring January 24th 13, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 4Z
USA Competition Rules Changes Proposed for 2013

On Jan 24, 8:06*am, Wallace Berry wrote:
Spratt must be doing several hundred rpm at this point.

Charlie hated unnecessary radio chatter at contests . I can remember him
Forum: Soaring January 3rd 13, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 4Z
Articles

On Jan 2, 8:03*pm, Tony wrote:
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:54:32 PM UTC-6, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:37:40 AM UTC-6, vontresc wrote:

Forum: Soaring July 25th 11, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 4Z
Logan contest reporting now only on Soaring Cafe

On Jul 24, 7:16*am, "
wrote:
On Jul 23, 10:00*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:

On 7/23/2011 7:07 PM, Albert Thomas...
Forum: Soaring November 17th 10, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 4Z
Komet trailer interior floor refinish

On Nov 17, 6:38*am, KO wrote:
On Nov 17, 8:03*am, Papa3 wrote:

On Nov 16, 11:25*pm, Bastoune wrote:

I am...
Forum: Soaring May 27th 10, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 4Z
FS Sage vario, Security chute

On May 26, 9:29*am, Andy wrote:
On May 25, 9:05*am, 4Z wrote:

*Spring cleaning! *I have a newly rebuilt 80 mm Sage SV vario. *I'd
like to...
Forum: Soaring May 25th 10, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 4Z
FS Sage vario, Security chute

Spring cleaning! I have a newly rebuilt 80 mm Sage SV vario. I'd
like to trade it for a 57 mm Sage or sell for $600 OBO. Also have a
1979 Security 250 chute. Always well cared for, just...
Forum: Soaring January 24th 09, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 4Z
Drop a day option for US regionals

On Jan 24, 8:20*am, Andy wrote:
On Jan 23, 11:54*am, wrote:

I wonder if we can refer to this as "enhance a day" or "save a day",
or even...
Forum: Soaring January 22nd 09, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 4Z
Drop a day option for US regionals

On Jan 22, 2:31*pm, wrote:
On Jan 22, 7:54*am, wrote:

I don't particularly like the drop score idea, it can be annoying when
I have dealt with it in...
Forum: Soaring October 12th 08, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 4Z
AT, TAT, MAT?

On Oct 9, 9:23*pm, "noel.wade" wrote:
All -

Does anyone know of any good books or articles on the nuts-and-
bolts */ common-strategies of how to fly the various...