Search: Posts made by: Nicholas Kennedy
Forum: Soaring June 15th 21, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
Region 8 Soaring Championships Ephrata Wa 6-14-21

Task for all classes:
TAT
Grand Coulee Dam 15 m radius
Kramer Ranch 20 m radius
Hansen Silos 15 m radius
2:30 hrs min time
So basically up north, to the east, back to the west and home.
During Noel...
Forum: Soaring June 9th 21, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
New SkySight Route Color meanings

When I opened Skysight this morning the language switched to French.
Where can I change it back to English?
I looked in settings and on my Skysight that only holds regions
Thank in advance
Nick
Forum: Soaring June 6th 21, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
US: 15M/Open Class Writeups?

On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 2:47:40 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 10:45:24 AM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
Looks like there's been some amazing flying at the...
Forum: Soaring June 2nd 21, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
Tow plane ideas

FWIW
Parowan Ut tow pilot John Templeton owned a Maule. He didn't like it- he said it was difficult to land.
I took a BFR with him in that aircraft and he wouldn't let me even attempt to land...
Forum: Soaring June 1st 21, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
Interesting Flight

https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?dsId=8409185

All the way from Santa Barbara to Walts Point and back.
Helluva flight if you ask me.
Not super long but wow.
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 28th 21, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
replacement instruments

You can get new stuff, cheap, if you knw where to look:

https://wingsandwheels.com/mk-iv-yaw-string.html

For the Thrifty soaring pilot.
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 23rd 21, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
Starter Ship FS

More firewood, this one is FREE!
Just got to pick it up
Sawzall with a demo blade would come in...
Forum: Soaring May 23rd 21, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
Looking to borrow an ASW-27 horizontal stabilize in SW USA

Do you REALLY need a elevator?
I've read here on RAS you can fly a ASW 20 without the elevator hooked up, if you know what your doing. Isn't -the 27 very similar?
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 21st 21, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
Starter Ship FS

AND THEN...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ryowgcnGM

Nick
Forum: Soaring May 21st 21, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
replacement instruments

http://craggyaero.com/Ultimate/Ventusb2021.jpg

Here are some ideas
Call Richard at Craggy Aero with your credit card in hand.
He can lighten your wallet, no problem.
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 21st 21, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
WX Block Speedcoat

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M-6316-Marine-Wax-Fluid_Ounces/dp/B0000AY60S/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=meguiars+gelcoat+marine+wax&qid=1621603877&sr=8-4

This stuff is good, its what I've been...
Forum: Soaring May 21st 21, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
Starter Ship FS

https://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds/gliders/schneider-es-59-arrow.html

Starter as in a good starter for a bonfire.
Firewood bundles at my grocery are 4.99, lots cheaper.
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 19th 21, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
Mountain High 00EDS-2014-02 System

Craggy has to buy new sandal's for all the Mexicans living in his garage.
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 10th 21, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
Solid State battery technology Vid

https://forum.concours.org/index.php?threads/solid-state.53328/#post-639377

Maybe this could have a positive effect on electric MG range?
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 9th 21, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
OLC scoring errors

Tim
I looked at your flight and you are correct, that has a big error in scoring.
Maybe send them a email with the IGC file attached and have them look at it.
Nice flight by the way!
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 3rd 21, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
Hawk Wind

Like Matt Scutter said I don't think we've come real far in the wind reading dept since the CAI 302/303.
I Watch Brunos panel in his vids and IMHO opinion his varios are way too wild for me to try...
Forum: Soaring May 2nd 21, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
Libelle Camelbak stowage

That first rocket sled track shot looks like it might be the track up on the mesa, along a line from Parowan Ut to Colorado City Ut.
It looks like the Pine Valley Mts in the backround.
We've flown...
Forum: Soaring April 27th 21, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
padding in Cobra trailer

On my Cobra I used a Painters 5 in 1 tool as a scraper sharpened up.
You can put a lot of force on as these fit in your hand nicely.
Then I buffed it out with a wire wheel in a battery drill.
The...
Forum: Soaring April 23rd 21, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
SSA Regional Webinar Apr 23, 2021 7 pm MDT

A bit of a heads up for all you Garmin InReach users.
My flying partner UQ and I have both experienced the " sudden lack of map displayed" to contacts sent to phenomenon . The sent map info is...
Forum: Soaring April 10th 21, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
You want cheap soaring?

https://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds/gliders/sie-3-4514.html

You could get 2/3 guys together and this thing would be a blast.
I bet it would climb to base with anything!
Love the paintjob.
Nick
Forum: Soaring April 10th 21, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
Do Purist Exhibit Higher Testosterone Levels ?

Yea Mike Mike
Great synopsis on Mr Combs History!
What a Leader in XC exploration and possibility.
I think Mr Youngblood is once again trolling for confrontation among SP pilots.
That's pathetic in...
Forum: Soaring March 31st 21, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
$1 billion BMS Ooops...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/battery-powered-by-nuclear-waste-will-run-for-28000-years/ar-BB1fa3aZ?ocid=msedgdhp

This is IT! No more pesky recharging problem.
No more limited self...
Forum: Soaring March 30th 21, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
Meet Your NTSB Board

Dan Gryder does these short probable cause Aircraft accident Vids
At 2:56 meet your NTSB Boards and their credentials.
Nick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvVleOyrLx0
Forum: Soaring March 29th 21, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
Trailer tow from Texas to California

On Monday, March 29, 2021 at 7:21:24 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 7:35:08 PM UTC-7, Phoenix wrote:
On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 6:43:23 PM UTC-4,...
Forum: Soaring March 27th 21, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nicholas Kennedy
Gliding International - "International Accident Report"

Dan- with the way things are headed socially in the US you could play the gyro pilot in a real life MAD MAX.
Strap some air to ground rockets on that baby and get a 12 Ga and your all set.
Nick