Oudie 2 Lite - how to Autorun XCSoar (or something other than SeeYou Mobile) by Dave Springford
To run XC Soar or your other favourite software on the Oudie Naviter has just made the process a lot easier: 1. Install the latest Oudie firmware from http://www.naviter.com/install-the-latest-firmware-for-oudie/ 2. On the Oudie main Menu page (with SeeYou Mobile and ConnectMe icons) press the...
Today 05:56 AM
by Veli-Matti Karppinen Go to last post
9 520 Soaring
How does an aerotow rope break in two places? by son_of_flubber
True story. A couple years ago I ran the wing for a glider that aerotowed into rotor. The rope broke. Both aircraft and both tost rings made it back to the airfield. The rope broke at both ends. How is that even possible?
by 2G Go to last post
16 132 Soaring
Question about an old Advanced Soaring Concepts Spirit Kit by [email protected]
My father recently passed away, leaving us a very unfinished Advanced Soaring Concepts "Spirit" kit. I believe we have all the parts, but it might take some digging to find everything. We're not really sure what to do with it. He bought it in the early 90s when they were first being produced, but...
Today 02:18 AM
by Bryan Rolfe Go to last post
2 19 Soaring
GliderLink - New team soaring app for airborne location sharing by [email protected]
I'm excited to announce a new soaring app I've developed called GliderLink. The app shows your location and the location of nearby gliders on a moving map. You can see the other gliders' callsign, relative altitude, heading, and vertical speed. That's about it right now; it's very simple. The value...
71 1,187 Soaring
Refinishing Ventus b Fuselage by Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
Pictures and process for refinishing a ventus b fuselage. Work in progress pictures and process as work is completed. http://www.craggyaero.com/ventus.htm Richard www.craggyaero.com
by Richard Pfiffner[_2_] Go to last post
28 253 Soaring
For Sale: European size Oxygen Bottle w/adapter by Bryce Sammeter
European oxygen bottle to fit that odd size bottle sleeve in your ship. Bottle and valve manufactured 2004, part number JA5408, SN 550-0904. Last hydro'd 2012. Comes with DIN 477 valve and adapter for DIN 477 to CGA 540. Even if you have a Din 477 I suggest you keep the adapter handy for filling....
Yesterday 11:29 PM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
1 23 Soaring
New SkySight color scheme by [email protected]
Just had a look at the "new and improved" coloring of forecast maps in SkySight. In the areas East of the Mississippi, are we ever going to see the warmer colors or even green again for thermal height? I know the answer: Nope Is Matt's favorite movie 'Frozen'? Herb
US RULES COMMITTEE ELECTION AND POLL - LAST CALL by Andy Blackburn[_3_]
Only one day left! So far, poll responses are up 15% from 2017 and are up an impressive 30% from two years ago, but there are many of you out there who haven't responded yet. If you have flown a US contest in the past three years we want your feedback! Participation in the annual rules poll is...
US: Pilot Ranking List (PRL) for 2019 by John Leibacher
With Region 4 North completed, the 2018 racing season has concluded and the first release of the PRL is available at soaringweb.org/PRL . There are always some glitches in identifying pilots from the score sheets, team members, etc, so please check things over and send along your questions and...
FS: ClearNav Wood Stick Grips by [email protected]
Available are 2 of the very nice wood grips for mounting the CN remote control buttons on the stick. I ended up not using them and they were never installed. Bore is 0.763 or 19.4mm which makes them sized for SH diameter sticks, but with a little creativity they could be used on any glider. Like...
John Charles Garabedian of Mooresville, NC -- Aircraft Thief by [email protected]
On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:00:42 PM UTC-4, Victim of Aircraft Theft wrote: He has in his possession a Super Cub project stolen from KFQD. He is a sleazy real estate agent, Mooresville,NC, with a 34' trailer for the purpose of thievery. EAA Chapter 309 is in on this grand larceny too. If...
0 18 Home Built
PZL Krosno KR-03A Puchatek parts for sale by [email protected]
I have at my disposal the insurance salvage of a PZL Krosno KR-03A Puchatek 2-seat glider. Almost all of the parts are up for purchase. Let me know your needs. Cheers, Mike Maskell Winnipeg, MB