Search: Posts made by: Dave Nadler
Forum: Soaring May 14th 21, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Solid State battery technology Vid

On 5/13/2021 11:54 AM, kinsell wrote:
... All
sorts of wild claims, with no actual results to show for them.

Except, VW has tested Quantumscape cells and says they met VW's targets...

We will...
Forum: Soaring May 12th 21, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
What is your headset experience and solution?

On 5/11/2021 7:55 PM, Dave Nadler wrote:
On 5/11/2021 5:20 PM, jfitch wrote:
I use the Bose noise cancelling ear buds.

Which motor-glider are you using these in?
Thanks!

Also, are these...
Forum: Soaring May 12th 21, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
What is your headset experience and solution?

On 5/11/2021 5:20 PM, jfitch wrote:
I use the Bose noise cancelling ear buds.

Which motor-glider are you using these in?
Thanks!
Forum: Soaring May 6th 21, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
help with an ILEC SB-9

On 5/5/2021 11:56 AM, wrote:
I momentarily connected a non-rechargeable 9v battery with no change in behavior.

Contact: ILEC GmbH
Forum: Soaring April 30th 21, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Nano-3 will not charge

On 4/30/2021 6:01 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
... On top of that a Li-
ion battery self-discharges at about 2% per month, even when not
connected to anything.

Please, there are MANY different...
Forum: Soaring April 28th 21, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Oh No!!!

https://www.vesselfinder.com/news/20755-Car-Carrier-Tirranna-Ran-Aground-Near-Cape-Charles
Forum: Soaring April 28th 21, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2

On 4/27/2021 6:48 PM, waremark wrote:
Well I remember reading an article by Klaus Ohlmann after his first distance record in the Andes. That one was in a Stemme, and I remember he said if he had...
Forum: Soaring April 28th 21, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2

On 4/24/2021 3:12 PM, Tom BravoMike wrote:
Do you really believe Klaus Ohlmann and Jean-Marie Clément would have set their records in the Andes in a "pure" sailplane?
Instead, they flew each a...
Forum: Soaring April 28th 21, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2

On 4/23/2021 7:48 PM, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
Bob, repeating the same thing over and over again does not make it true.

Andrej! Apparently you haven't been following USA politics!
He's just emulating,...
Forum: Soaring April 21st 21, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
New Luxury Tax on Gliders in Canada

On 4/20/2021 10:44 PM, George Haeh wrote:
Canadians have to remember that we are really buying glider kits in a Cobra box.

George must be a motorglider pilot!
Forum: Soaring April 21st 21, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Ramps to Get Glider Off Trailer

On 4/20/2021 11:20 PM, John Tapanddie wrote:
Dave,
...Can you help me understand what is meant by "...ramp jack hinge pins...".

For heavier gliders, a larger and taller jack assembly is attached...
Forum: Soaring April 21st 21, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Ramps to Get Glider Off Trailer

Correction: These ARE available at WingsAndWheels:
https://wingsandwheels.com/cobra-workshop-rail.html

On 4/20/2021 8:43 PM, Dave Nadler wrote:
On 4/20/2021 4:04 PM, John DeRosa OHM Ω...
Forum: Soaring April 21st 21, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Ramps to Get Glider Off Trailer

On 4/20/2021 4:04 PM, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
A few more details as to construction can be found at http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presentations/#ramps

Careful, the...
Forum: Soaring April 9th 21, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Std. Libelle water ballast system

On 4/8/2021 4:47 PM, wrote:
I bought my second Std. Libelle

I thought only us motor-glider types need a spare glider?
Very confusing.
Forum: Soaring April 8th 21, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Vc gear fixed!

On 4/6/2021 4:39 PM, Phoenix wrote:
I would like to thank everyone who made suggestions regarding the difficulty in both raising and lowering the gear on my Ventus C.
Turns out the culprit was...
Forum: Soaring April 6th 21, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Grob 109B engine

On 4/5/2021 1:04 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 11:50:13 PM UTC-5, Charles Longley wrote:
OK thanks. I saw that hand written note in the IPC but didn’t quite...
Forum: Soaring April 2nd 21, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Rumble Rumble Rumble - Go Ron Schwarz

On 4/2/2021 3:07 PM, Papa3 wrote:
Ron is well into a straight out ridge run in the Appalachians in his trusty 1-26. He departed Blairstown NJ about 9:30 this morning and he's currently on Sleepy...
Forum: Soaring April 1st 21, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
$1 billion BMS Ooops...

On 3/31/2021 10:21 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Dave Nadler wrote on 3/31/2021 3:23 PM:
On 3/7/2021 11:30 PM, 2G wrote:
Why don't you start by naming JUST ONE that replaced an ICE with an
Forum: Soaring April 1st 21, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Mark VIII

Due to Covid-19, no update...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJJb_ufo8A
Forum: Soaring March 31st 21, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
$1 billion BMS Ooops...

On 3/7/2021 11:30 PM, 2G wrote:
Why don't you start by naming JUST ONE that replaced an ICE with an electric.

Somehow I failed to post this earlier:
Patrick McLaughlin...
Forum: Soaring March 31st 21, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Ventus b flap sealing

On 3/31/2021 2:32 AM, krasw wrote:
Mylars do not seal the gap, to create airtight barrier you need that s-tape.

Right, mylar+teflon helps but does not seal completely on these gliders.
Its some...
Forum: Soaring March 20th 21, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
Wing Drop, Aerotow vs Winch, Grass vs Pavement.

On 3/19/2021 8:26 PM, Brian wrote:
Excuse me while I turn the short "Always release on Wing Drop" into a long discussion. I least my discussion is long. But like the "Impossible Turn" for power...
Forum: Soaring March 19th 21, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
$1 billion BMS Ooops...

On 3/18/2021 7:07 PM, waremark wrote:
When flying the Arcus M with a copilot and no ballast my wing loading is 49 kg/m2 (10 lbs/ft2). In spite of being a 'newer flapped design', in very weak lift...
Forum: Soaring March 19th 21, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
$1 billion BMS Ooops...

On 3/17/2021 11:59 PM, 2G wrote:
...significant new problems have materialized that weren't present in the Antares, like fires.

2 of 4 Antares in USA had notable fires about a decade back (also...
Forum: Soaring March 18th 21, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dave Nadler
$1 billion BMS Ooops...

On 3/18/2021 11:50 AM, India November wrote:
Eric, I'm curious about the wing loadings quoted for the Jeta from 7,58-13,72 lb/ft^2. For the conditions I fly in Ontario where thermals average 2 to...