Search: Posts made by: Tim[_8_]
Forum: Piloting September 23rd 09, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tim[_8_]
brain shuts down with engine

"Dave J" wrote in message

I'm having an embarrassing problem. My brain seems to shut down...
Forum: Home Built September 15th 09, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Expanding a bronze bushing?

"Michael Horowitz" wrote in message
I have a small bronze bushing whose OD I'd like to expand slightly so
it fits the ID of a...
Forum: Home Built September 6th 09, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Bungee Cord--Date?

"Jerry Wass" wrote in message
Ron Wanttaja wrote:
flybynightkarmarepair wrote:
On Sep 5, 11:52 am, Jerry Wass...
Forum: Home Built August 16th 09, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Are composite homebuilts dying out?

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
"Tim" wrote in message
Forum: Home Built August 16th 09, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Home machining

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
"R" wrote in message
Forum: Home Built August 15th 09, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Are composite homebuilts dying out?

"cavelamb" wrote in message

That was Burt Rutan's particular gift to the state of the art.

A soft foam piece...
Forum: Home Built August 15th 09, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Are composite homebuilts dying out?

"rich" wrote in message
I agree with all you said. And I didn't enjoy breathing the fumes
myself all those years. Plus,...
Forum: Piloting July 29th 09, 07:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tim[_8_]
On pre-flight inspections

"Franklin " "Franklin wrote in message

Stealth pilot,

Maxwell's self-admitted failures are easy to read. See, he is not
Forum: Home Built July 8th 09, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Testing On The Cheap

"Dan" wrote in message

If memory serves the B-707 wig tips had something on the order of 14
feet of flex designed in. I wonder how...
Forum: Home Built July 1st 09, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Ultralight Glider

"Brian Whatcott" wrote in message
I was browsing with homebuilt for a keyword, and ran into that
delightful web site that...
Forum: Home Built July 1st 09, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Torque Wrench Calibration

"Dan" wrote in message
bildan wrote:
On Jun 29, 9:53 pm, "coffelt2" wrote:
snip

In the Air Farce...
Forum: Home Built June 29th 09, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Torque Wrench Calibration

wrote in message
I was getting ready to install a replacement manifold on the old Mercury
and it occurred to me I ought...
Forum: Home Built June 19th 09, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Oxy/Act welding setup safety

"canuck_bob" wrote in message
I am adding two regulators to my welding system for welding aircraft
Forum: Home Built June 13th 09, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Measuring the effectiveness of a sandblaster?

"Dan" wrote in message
Bob wrote:

A modified VW engine makes a pretty good media blaster in the medium-
size range. This is a...
Forum: Home Built June 11th 09, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Tim[_8_]
ENGINE BASICS

"cmyr" wrote in message
On Jun 11, 11:32?am, George wrote:
I believe that...
Forum: Piloting June 10th 09, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tim[_8_]
WINGS program...

"BT" wrote in message
The old and new wings program took up more of my time in my military
flying career than a normal Flight...
Forum: Home Built June 6th 09, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Welding question #2; rust holes

"Michael Horowitz" wrote in message
AC 43.13 para 4-94 says: " WELDED-PATCH REPAIR. Dents
or holes in tubing may be...
Forum: Piloting June 6th 09, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tim[_8_]
WINGS program...

"Sylvain" wrote in message

What's the problem? Get a BFR and fly on. Maybe they will have it sorted out
in two years.
Forum: Piloting June 4th 09, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Question about the Airbus planes

wrote in message
I have posted here before because I like to get answers from experts
about...
Forum: Rotorcraft June 3rd 09, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Tim[_8_]
rotorcraft of course

"Stu Fields" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message
Forum: Rotorcraft June 2nd 09, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Tim[_8_]
rotorcraft of course

"Stu Fields" wrote in message
Anyone out there?

Yep. But not much shake'n.

I hear the West Port, Oklahoma fly-inn has been...
Forum: Home Built May 19th 09, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Tim[_8_]
what engines are making successful aero engine conversions?

"Stuart Fields" wrote in message

"bildan" wrote in message
Forum: Piloting May 8th 09, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Why haven't rental rates come back down?

"Dallas" wrote in message

Why didn't rental rates come back down with the price of fuel?

Renters saw...
Forum: Piloting May 7th 09, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Feathering an engine

wrote in message

I couldn't see, from those charts, that the spinning prop
developed a...
Forum: Piloting May 6th 09, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tim[_8_]
Feathering an engine

"John E. Carty" wrote in message