The Decline of Soaring Awards by John Foster
I read the recent article in Soaring and it has got me fired up. I have been a member of a small club in Washington State for the last 2 years, learning to fly. The club has a 2-33 and a Lark and a Pawnee. That's it. Badge flying has not been an emphasis, even though one qualifies for at...
Much Ado About Nothing by Dan Marotta
To lift a title from The Bard and, since there's not much else going on these days, and to give homage to Roseanne Roseannadana... What's all this nonsense I keep hearing about CG hooks? My first glider had a nose hook and it was easy to control on launch and tow.* All the rest had CG hooks...
Yesterday 06:38 PM
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
4 15 Soaring
Soaring already DOA for the season??? by Matt Herron Jr.
Airsailing in NV has closed down, and now Willliams in CA is closed. will contests be cancelled next? Does SSA have a position on this? Are there things we can do to mitigate exposure so we can fly? Inquiring pilots want to know...
Monday Night Soaring by Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
Hey Guys, I have updated the Monday Night Soaring tasks for the next two Mondays. March 30th will still be in Slovenia (default scenery). April 6th will be in AA2 (Alps!) MNS is probably the longest lasting competition in Condor. It's been running continuously since late 2005. This is one of...
Yesterday 06:01 PM
by Daniel Sazhin[_2_] Go to last post
4 14 Soaring
Needing a Conditional Inspection (west coast) by Randy Teel
I am looking for someone to do a Conditional Inspection on my DG1000M. I am located in Grants Pass, OR. I have contacted Williams Soaring and it is about a 5-7 week wait. I have called a couple other individuals and have not gotten any response. My most reliable option is to tow it out to Moriarty...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
11 45 Soaring
Record Numbers Flying US Nightly Soaring! by Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
Hey Guys, We had 33 pilots flying on US Nightly Soaring last night! More and more folks are getting back on Condor and having a great time. See report he https://soaringeconomist.com/2020/03/26/record-numbers-fly-us-nightly-soaring/ If you would like help getting involved on Condor, feel free...
Yesterday 04:23 PM
by Daniel Sazhin[_2_] Go to last post
9 35 Soaring
2-33 Wanted by Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
Yes, really. E-mail only to marfagliders AT a0l.c0m Southwest Texas, USA.
L 33 Solo Gliders by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
In the W&W Claasifieds there is a L33 Solo listed for 13K Canadian, that about 9400 USD. I read Dick Johnsons flight report and he liked it, he was concerned that it had very little aerodynamic stall warning and would readily drop into a spin. He thought it best if low timers had real spin...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 05:54 AM
by Charles Longley Go to last post
42 165 Soaring
New PIK20 E canopies available limited time (maybe works forPIK20 B,D) by Bret Hess
Hi, There are no spare canopies from the run. But the same mold is owned by a PIK20 owner in CA, and it could be shipped to the manufacturer in LA for about $200 each way. I can give you more information. Bret
Yesterday 05:03 AM
by Bret Hess Go to last post
1 16 Soaring
ELY 2020 by [email protected]
Good news for Ely soaring fans. First, great thanks to Keith for providing his Cessna and arranging tow pilot. Towing service in Ely will be available from June 29 until July 18 for 10 pilots. Reservation fee is 150 $ per week. Weekly increments only. Towing cost will be based per tach time,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 04:53 AM
Do any of you recognize this missing person? He was perhaps a gliderenthusiast prior to 2003. by Joseph Calash
In 2004 a man was found dead in the "Flat Tops" area of Garfield County Colorado. I've been trying to help find his identity. Here's a link to him. https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/15487 The man left a hand written letter in a notebook with his last wishes written on it. Because...
Yesterday 01:47 AM
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post