Search: Posts made by: John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
Forum: Soaring March 26th 20, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Looking for a drawing or photo of a 2-33 swivelling tailwheel

On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 10:21:13 AM UTC-5, wrote:
on my android phone I can use the drop down menu in the top right to "request desktop version" that will bring up the...
Forum: Soaring March 26th 20, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Presentation on Emergency Location Devices

Well, that was a new low for this thread. And it was pretty low to begin with!
Forum: Soaring March 26th 20, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Presentation on Emergency Location Devices

There is also Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's First Law. To wit; "It comes in, it must go out."

Do these important treatises belong in my presentation? ;-)
Forum: Soaring March 26th 20, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Looking for a drawing or photo of a 2-33 swivelling tailwheel

I use https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/rec.aviation.soaring.

Hitting the reply icon defaults to replying to the group as a whole. As said there is a pull down menu to "Reply to Author". ...
Forum: Soaring March 26th 20, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Trailer access calculation?

I would print off a satellite (Google) image of the drive in question. Then cut two scraps of correctly sized pieces of paper representing the car and trailer. Use those to play "drive the trailer...
Forum: Soaring March 25th 20, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Presentation on Emergency Location Devices

Which is of course "Fudd's First Law of Opposition" which was enunciated by the renowned Sir Sidney Fudd.

Remind me please ... what was Fudd's second law?

(You have to wonder how confusing this...
Forum: Soaring March 25th 20, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Are You Ashamed to Land Out?

My first thought is "Of course people are ashamed (freightened may be a better word) to land out." ... at least the first time. It is fear of the unknown. What will people think of me? Will I break...
Forum: Soaring March 24th 20, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Presentation on Emergency Location Devices

Nah. I think I'm just a Bozo on this bus.
Forum: Soaring March 24th 20, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Presentation on Emergency Location Devices

This presentation was given at the March meeting (via web conference) of the Chicagoland Glider Council (http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com).

This presentation talks about the basics of what ELTs,...
Forum: Soaring March 18th 20, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Looking to self-isolate?

I was at one of the London museums in the early 90's and found the same waxy toilet paper. Every other (metric I am sure) square was stamped "please now wash your hands". I kept one square and have...
Forum: Soaring March 18th 20, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
1981 Cobra trailer gas struts

David - One comment from someone that has never replaced a Cobra strut (but might have to someday).

Please take lots of pictures of your replacement process and publish them for the benefit of...
Forum: Soaring March 2nd 20, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
For sale: Powered one-man wing rigger for 15m and 18m gliders

You should advertise on glidersource.com. It's free! The best place to buy/sell glider stuff. Enjoy!
Forum: Soaring March 2nd 20, 07:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Looking for a Cambridge 302 vario

There are not one, but two, C302s available on glidersource.com. The very best place to buy/sell glider stuff. Enjoy!
Forum: Soaring March 1st 20, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Crazies At The Gliderport

Putting dogs in the cockpit is no sillier than on your lap driving a car. At least there are no airbags in a glider (yet) which have the unfortunate habit of catapulting a pet projectile into your...
Forum: Soaring February 29th 20, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Clear Nav Variometer (digital/ XC) for sale

Yes it's the digital with the LCD, I don't know how to include a photo here. I reduced the price to $1200.

It's like...
Forum: Soaring February 25th 20, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Helium bubbles used to show bird aerodynamics

https://youtu.be/2sh8_3-R90I

At 0:58 in the video the bird's wingtip vortices are described as "This helps provide lift". This statement caught my eye.

However, Wikipedia...
Forum: Soaring February 24th 20, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SSA Conventions. Return to every year?

See http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com/seminar.
Held every other year opposite the SSA convention years. Next event in 2021.
Forum: Soaring February 24th 20, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cobra trailer tail skids

Here are some interesting heavy duty ideas to get your trailer over those nasty ups and downs.

https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Skid_Wheels-pm-Ultra%7EFab_Products.aspx
Forum: Soaring February 22nd 20, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Clear Nav Variometer (digital/ XC) for sale

On Friday, February 21, 2020 at 11:44:10 AM UTC-6, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
On Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 7:32:40 PM UTC-6, wrote:
CN...
Forum: Soaring February 21st 20, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Clear Nav Variometer (digital/ XC) for sale

On Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 7:32:40 PM UTC-6, wrote:
CN Digital XC Variometer, included speaker and all accessories.
Installed by Williams 2 year ago. Like new/used 2 or 3...
Forum: Soaring February 18th 20, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mecaplex canopy window lube

I have often used an old candle to rub wax onto sticky sliding/meshing parts (drawers, zippers, etc). Should work here too.
Forum: Soaring February 17th 20, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Libelle suitability for beginners

The Libelle is a true "classic" glider.

The only negative I was told is a weak boom subseptible to damage during off field landings if the glider drags a wingtip and gets sideways. Had that happen...
Forum: Soaring February 8th 20, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glider electrics etc

On Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 11:32:52 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Thanks !
What about cutting and reconnecting (quick disconnect) the GPS antenna wires. What connector would you...
Forum: Soaring February 6th 20, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glider electrics etc

Thanks for pointing to my presentation on wiring at http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presentations/#wiring. Please let me know if there are corrections to be made (and there are ALL-WAYS corrections to...
Forum: Soaring January 30th 20, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Upgrading panel

On Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 10:01:29 PM UTC-6, Colten Coughlin wrote:
Hello!
I am looking to upgrade the panel in my 1-26, I am mainly looking for a audio vario, and a flight computer. I...