Search: Posts made by: RandyL[_2_]
Forum: Piloting September 8th 08, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By RandyL[_2_]
Carb heat: my new policy. Any comments

"Tman" [email protected] wrote in message
Flying a lot of 152s and 172s with carb heat lately. When inbound, I've I
think I'm going to follow a new...
Forum: Piloting September 8th 08, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By RandyL[_2_]
Carb heat: my new policy. Any comments

"John Smith" wrote in message
Tman wrote:

There will come the day when you need full power for the go-around....
Forum: Piloting August 12th 08, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By RandyL[_2_]
Online ASOS/AWOS?

Thanks Jim! Just what I was looking for...

Randy L.

--
Remember: Any landing that you can walk away from,
is a landing that you can be fined, sued, or prosecuted for.

Forum: Piloting August 12th 08, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By RandyL[_2_]
Online ASOS/AWOS?

Does anyone know if there is an online source for current ASOS/AWOS
information? I would like to be able to look up current conditions for
airports online.
Thanks...

Randy L.

--
"When making an...
Forum: Simulators July 28th 08, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Hi Harold,
It could be that your fsx.cfg configuration file simply needs to be
deleted. Once you delete this file, then the next time that FSX starts up,
it will re-build this file. When you...
Forum: Piloting July 9th 08, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By RandyL[_2_]
LAHSO Procedures

Thank you to all who responded. This has helped clear up this question for
me. I appreciate the help!

Randy L.

--
"When making an emergency off-field landing at night,
turn on the landing light...

I have a question that has come up in another newsgroup, that I have
always wondered about. When I received my flight training, my instructor
told me not to accept any Land And Hold Short...
Forum: Piloting July 1st 08, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By RandyL[_2_]
Death & Destruction is Coming.

"West Hollywood"? You mean north, south, and east Hollywood will be
spared? And is that Hollywood California, or Hollywood Florida? And why
entire state of Florida? I mean, the other targets were...
Forum: Simulators July 1st 08, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Posted By RandyL[_2_]
USB HUB and Windows XP

Is your 6-way USB hub an external one? And if it is an external one, does
your USB hub have its own power supply? Each USB port on your hub draws a
certain amount of current. But the entire USB...
Forum: Simulators July 1st 08, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Posted By RandyL[_2_]
FSX owners...New England screen shots?

Here you go Chris...

The first picture is after takeoff from Boire Field, near Nashua, NH. You are looking north up the Merrimack...
Forum: Simulators March 3rd 08, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Posted By RandyL[_2_]
Taxi Marker

Hi Jehad,
In my copy of FSX, all of the taxiway markers are in place. I don't know whey they aren't there in yours. Here what they look like in...
Forum: Simulators February 28th 08, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Posted By RandyL[_2_]
Taxi Marker

Hi Zahmel,
At what airports are you missing the taxiway markers? They are present
in my FSX. If you tell us the airports, then we can check to see if they are
present there.
Thanks...

Randy...
Forum: Piloting October 4th 07, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By RandyL[_2_]
Why Airplanes Fly - Voids Above A Planar Sheet

Everyone knows that the only thing that keeps an airplane in the air
$$$$$$$

There is one important lesson to be learned from these experiments,
Yes there is. You are an...
Forum: Piloting October 2nd 07, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By RandyL[_2_]
Burns Municipal Airport (KBNO) Runway 3-21 Markings

I have been using Google Earth to look at airports in my area of the
world, and I have run across something that I cannot figure out myself, so I
thought I would post this question here. I was...