Search: Posts made by: Jim Carter[_1_]
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules March 11th 08, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Asymmetrical thurst

John R. Copeland wrote:

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
Watching the videos of the heavies crabbing to a landing...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules March 10th 08, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Asymmetrical thurst

Watching the videos of the heavies crabbing to a landing in high cross winds
prompts me to ask: why don't they use asymmetrical thrust instead of
kicking it straight in the flare?

Even in a single,...
Forum: Piloting January 19th 08, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Phrase "landing runway" vs. "cleared to land"

wrote in message

Some of them are never wrong...

Jeeze - I'd never have to take my wife to the comedy club if...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 19th 08, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

wrote in message

Some of them are never wrong...

Jeeze - I'd never have to take my wife to the comedy club if...
Forum: Piloting January 18th 08, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Phrase "landing runway" vs. "cleared to land"

Robert,
When did fog start getting reported as a ceiling? 001OVC is a ceiling
report. Fog would be reported as 1/8F or smoke / haze would be 1/8K wouldn't
it?

Also, the controller reported...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 18th 08, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Phrase "landing runway" vs. "cleared to land"

Robert,
When did fog start getting reported as a ceiling? 001OVC is a ceiling
report. Fog would be reported as 1/8F or smoke / haze would be 1/8K wouldn't
it?

Also, the controller reported...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 16th 08, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Phrase "landing runway" vs. "cleared to land"

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message

No, several planes did land.

-Robert

I think you're confusing...
Forum: Piloting January 16th 08, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Phrase "landing runway" vs. "cleared to land"

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message

No, several planes did land.

-Robert

I think you're confusing...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 16th 08, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Phrase "landing runway" vs. "cleared to land"

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
On Jan 16, 5:17 am, "Jim Carter" wrote:
Forum: Piloting January 16th 08, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Phrase "landing runway" vs. "cleared to land"

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
On Jan 16, 5:17 am, "Jim Carter" wrote:
Forum: Piloting January 16th 08, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Phrase "landing runway" vs. "cleared to land"

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message

There is no min reported visibility requirement for the...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 16th 08, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Phrase "landing runway" vs. "cleared to land"

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message

There is no min reported visibility requirement for the...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 15th 08, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
"View Limiting Device" recommendations please

Years ago before Jespersen bought them out, Sanderson used to make a hood
that had adjustable had straps - looked a lot like a crew O2 mask. I used
one of those for years with folks that had...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules December 24th 07, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Blakey explains

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message

Hey, give her a break. She didn't enter the aviation industry until she
Forum: Owning December 7th 07, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Owner's Manual Format

Why not do like many of the IT manufacturers? Distribute the documentation
on a CD and make the printed manual an optional extra cost item as long as
the printed manual is not required to be...
Forum: Home Built December 7th 07, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Owner's Manual Format

Why not do like many of the IT manufacturers? Distribute the documentation
on a CD and make the printed manual an optional extra cost item as long as
the printed manual is not required to be...
Forum: Owning December 7th 07, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Plans/suggestions wanted for car or truck mounted av/mo gas tank for self fueling

"Newps" wrote in message

Jim Carter wrote:

With the overabundance of participants in the legal profession,...
Forum: Owning December 6th 07, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Plans/suggestions wanted for car or truck mounted av/mo gas tank for self fueling

"Newps" wrote in message

Jim Carter wrote:
"Newps" wrote in message
Forum: Owning December 4th 07, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Plans/suggestions wanted for car or truck mounted av/mo gas tank for self fueling

"Newps" wrote in message
What do you need plans for. Go to your local farm and ranch store and get
the size tank you...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules November 29th 07, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Confusion

Maybe I'm confused too, but I thought we always told Ground Control that we
were ready to taxi IFR or VFR, especially if we picked up our clearance from
some other controller. Is this no longer the...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules November 24th 07, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,alt.satellite,sci.geo.satellite-nav
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Search & Rescue GPS

The SAR MAP function is built into the Morrow GX50, 55, 60, and 65 units.

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas
wrote in message...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 14th 07, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Hold direct entry and speed in Skyhawk

I used 80K while in Oklahoma where you don't fly in the clouds in summer or
winter very often. When I moved to Seattle I switched to 90K because the 172
likes to make carb ice at 1700 rpm more than...
Forum: Piloting October 6th 07, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Glass cockpit hard to read

wrote in message

You'll get used to it... there is a transition time to go from round
dial to tapes, but...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 6th 07, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Loggable?

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
Flying to an unfamiliar airport, in very hazy conditions, I was cleared
for the visual for 28 not...
Forum: Piloting October 6th 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jim Carter[_1_]
Civil Air Patrol Commander's Corruption

I've been quietly watching this thread, but after your comments John I feel
the need to add some data points of which you may not be aware.

Your statement that "CAP National HQ has a history of...