ADS-B Update by Darryl Ramm
It must be time for some more ADS-B posts, either that or we can talk about PW5 :-) With the ~$350 street price Trig TN72 GPS source now available in the USA I wanted to revisit my understanding of the situation with ADS-B Out in gliders. I wrote a forum post for local Northern California pilots...
Yesterday 07:55 PM
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
5 23 Soaring
SSF FIRC Albuquerque Jan 13-14, 2018 by Frank Whiteley
Location: Southwest Soaring Museum, Moriarty, NM Date: January 13-14, 2018 Status: Firm On-line Registration Form, http://soaringsafety.org/request/firc_register.php?event_id=21 Local Contact: Colleen Koenig (hv2flyg at gmail.com) Location: Moriarty, NM Southwest Soaring Museum 918 Rt 66 Moriarty NM
Yesterday 05:26 PM
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post
by Miloch Go to last post
0 8 Aviation Photos
Boeing Vertol CH-46 Sea Knight pics [3/9] - b000625i.jpg (2/2) by Miloch
M&.U;5*^G^YZU^+Y_3F'C^K=*$L_6I^X_N_PKFN]++G]);K7KD!PJ.)%V== M^?V:;_.HQRD;_YR(?ZSQ'+I7M_S;D1P+*ZW7VWK5'I4X5WKENSE1NDF\V M_P"]"A3E0=.G^WF;CNMW&U%=$7;_2'I4Y;?ZO\`;^FG^QS(/+=JWL(F/UN3\*^KQ'/PZ95M0MOR5!!7WJ? MM_RBE:=*Y9&G#]ZR#](^F%.%=J^&53JPSWH(75/6]%/7X^IS;2Y.7JM]7_ON)Y?=ELN6%_HI7KIEY+#BK9-8.?...
Yesterday 04:46 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 6 Aviation Photos
Yesterday 04:46 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 6 Aviation Photos
Yesterday 04:46 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 6 Aviation Photos
Boeing Vertol CH-46 Sea Knight by Miloch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_Vertol_CH-46_Sea_Knight The Boeing Vertol CH-46 Sea Knight is a medium-lift tandem-rotor transport helicopter powered by twin turboshaft aircraft engines designed by Vertol and manufactured by Boeing Vertol following Vertol's acquisition by Boeing. Development...
Yesterday 04:44 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 6 Aviation Photos
Astronomers Will Scan Mystery Interstellar Object to Make Sure Itís Not a Spaceship - Oumuamua_orbit_at_perihelion-640x461.png by Miloch
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/260272-astronomers-will-scan-interstellar-mystery-object-make-sure-not-spaceship ...."We know that ĎOumuamua is from another solar system because it has an orbital eccentricity of 1.20, meaning itís well past the sunís escape velocity. Nothing that originated in...
Yesterday 04:42 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
2 12 Aviation Photos
MId Atlantic FIRC in Washington D.C on January 20 and 21, 2018 by [email protected]
Reminder for CFIG's and Interested Pilots The Soaring Safety Foundation will present a Flight Instructor Revalidation Course in the Washington D.C. area on January 20 and 21, 2018. The course will be presented by Rich Carlson of the SSF and other speakers. The course will cost $150 which...
Minimum field size. by FZ[_2_]
I'm driving past the nice grass field. Looks big, but it is surrounded on all sides by the 80 ft high trees. What should be a minimum length of this field, for a modern glider to safely land there? How to calculate it?
Website Lange Aviation in English by Andor Holtsmark[_2_]
Dear soaring community Following the redesign and upgrade of our website, we have now completed the English translation: http://www.lange-aviation.com/en/ Here we publish extensive information on, amongst others, our Antares sailplanes, electrical flight, aerodynamics, safety and auto-towing. We...
Yesterday 02:10 PM
by Andor Holtsmark[_2_] Go to last post
0 15 Soaring
Soaring Schools by John Foster
Is there a general consensus on which schools are regarded as the "best" for glider training? I realize this is difficult to compare, as there are lots of good instructors all over the place, but if someone were interested in taking a block of time off and going somewhere to learn how to fly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 11:34 AM
by John Foster Go to last post
13 96 Soaring
Seminole Lake Owner Arrested by [email protected]
https://www.caymancompass.com/2015/12/31/Extradition-approved-for-Romanian-fugitive/ Extradition approved for Romanian fugitive By James Whittaker - December 31, 2015
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 05:57 AM
by 2G Go to last post
91 2,365 Soaring
Akaflieg Karlsruhe AK-X by Jonathan St. Cloud
Anyone know how the Has anyone seen the Akaflieg Karlsruhe AK-X is coming along? Looked like a very interesting project.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
Yesterday 05:50 AM
by Michael Opitz Go to last post
23 100 Soaring