Search: Posts made by: Delta8
Forum: Soaring March 1st 20, 12:12 AM
Posted By Delta8
Well the upside is you can get that Mustang...

Well the upside is you can get that Mustang convertible you always wanted .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc2Nd0y5J-Q
Forum: Soaring February 13th 20, 12:17 PM
Posted By Delta8
Looking at the ground track the tow pilot turned...

Looking at the ground track the tow pilot turned right after release and the glider continued straight I understand the tow pilot didn't feel the release ? But the instructor should have had the...
Forum: Soaring January 23rd 20, 12:54 PM
Posted By Delta8
Not a glider but a gutsy Ultra light escape...

Not a glider but a gutsy Ultra light escape .
https://www.readersdigest.ca/culture/escape-east-germany/
Forum: Soaring January 18th 20, 11:59 PM
Posted By Delta8
I seem to recall the use of airbags years ago but...

I seem to recall the use of airbags years ago but haven't heard anything since. Would an airbag be of any use in a "Lawn Dart " Impact ?
Maybe too much G force to overcome ?
Forum: Soaring January 12th 20, 12:48 AM
Posted By Delta8
What about compass interference with all those...

What about compass interference with all those magnets and metal ?
I have one that I moved around the compass but seemed to not affect it .
Forum: Soaring November 30th 19, 12:52 AM
Posted By Delta8
Great article thanks . Answered my question...

Great article thanks . Answered my question ...different frequency .
Forum: Soaring November 29th 19, 02:50 AM
Posted By Delta8
I use an I phone 6s and 90% of the time the...

I use an I phone 6s and 90% of the time the screen is bright enough I found tilting the mount a little helps . I use a Crew Dog electronics Statux with Fore flight . I get voice audio collision...
Forum: Soaring September 13th 19, 03:39 AM
Posted By Delta8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCf4nilMdCw ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCf4nilMdCw

Beer commercial translation please ?
Forum: Soaring August 28th 19, 02:52 AM
Posted By Delta8
Note to marketing department " Norways first...

Note to marketing department " Norways first AMP-phibious electric plane "
Forum: Soaring August 16th 19, 10:55 PM
Posted By Delta8
I used them every flight . My trailer is halfway...

I used them every flight . My trailer is halfway down a 2000' strip and not wanting use a tow vehicle more than necessary . Spoilers in at 40' and flare at 20' seems to work well. The angle of...
Forum: Soaring August 15th 19, 09:41 PM
Posted By Delta8
If cross country flight is a part of your plans I...

If cross country flight is a part of your plans I don't understand why landing off field would not be a large part of the flaps/no flaps decision?

Using flaps can get you into a field safely vs...
Forum: Soaring August 3rd 19, 11:41 PM
Posted By Delta8
See T8's posted pictures . They stay attached to...

See T8's posted pictures . They stay attached to the push rods . There are tiny factory holes in the fitting . The end of the clip is pushed through the hole and bent at a 90 degree angle.
Forum: Soaring August 3rd 19, 11:29 AM
Posted By Delta8
I found that draping a nice big bath towel over...

I found that draping a nice big bath towel over my head and the surrounding fuselage kills the sunlight. A flashlight works then for final check .

After going the pin route the clips are a god...
Forum: Soaring August 2nd 19, 02:07 AM
Posted By Delta8
http://www.archive.jimphoenix.com/archive09/jimpho...

http://www.archive.jimphoenix.com/archive09/jimphoenix2/pages/Nimbus/LH%20UP%20wing/subLH%20UP%20wing.html

Is this the technique you were referring to ? Would be curious as to how his finish held up...
Forum: Soaring August 2nd 19, 01:06 AM
Posted By Delta8
Next step ? So you then wax the female end of the...

Next step ? So you then wax the female end of the template and fill the wing stations and place the template into the filler . Remove and that becomes a screed point between stations?

I've seen a...
Forum: Soaring July 29th 19, 10:22 PM
Posted By Delta8
That's the primary reason I got them .No more...

That's the primary reason I got them .No more dropping pins ,also the anxiety that the lost pin may jam somewhere in flight .

The pins that were bought though a reputable dealer worked for the...
Forum: Soaring July 28th 19, 06:21 PM
Posted By Delta8
Williams in California . I ordered some clips a...

Williams in California . I ordered some clips a couple months ago they are available in right and left hand. They are not easy to install through a ASW 20 access hole but are easily tested . Push the...
Forum: Soaring July 22nd 19, 09:46 PM
Posted By Delta8
What a bunch of hypochondriacs it's the gear door...

What a bunch of hypochondriacs it's the gear door slapping . Change the damn bungees .
Forum: Soaring July 18th 19, 10:38 AM
Posted By Delta8
Until you find the perfect headrest roll up a...

Until you find the perfect headrest roll up a piece of memory foam. Works for me .
Forum: Soaring June 5th 19, 11:07 AM
Posted By Delta8
Photo caption possibilities? A late delivery by...

Photo caption possibilities?
A late delivery by Santa Clause ...just missed the chimney .
Advanced landing technique ....
How to survive a stall spin and walk to the toilet after you **** yourself. ...
Forum: Soaring May 11th 19, 03:01 AM
Posted By Delta8
Ka6 Years ago in a booming thermal 1,100' per...

Ka6 Years ago in a booming thermal 1,100' per minute over the Poconos approaching cloud base. When I looked up and estimated 2 more turns and I would be in the cloud . I exited the thermal and heard...
Forum: Soaring May 7th 19, 01:41 AM
Posted By Delta8
My low budget solution ...a piece of wing tape on...

My low budget solution ...a piece of wing tape on the center of the ASI with "Gear?" written on it .
Forum: Soaring May 2nd 19, 08:59 PM
Posted By Delta8
Haha .....Warning F bombs...

Haha .....Warning F bombs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb0bwbcfd28
Forum: Soaring May 2nd 19, 12:09 AM
Posted By Delta8
If your fiddling with trying to aim into a small...

If your fiddling with trying to aim into a small bag your not concentrating on flying the plane . It's one thing if you have an altitude cushion but trying a low save or in a gaggle it could be...
Forum: Soaring May 1st 19, 03:01 AM
Posted By Delta8
I've heard Depends work well but haven't tried...

I've heard Depends work well but haven't tried them yet . Perhaps a ground trial first. KS uses a catheter and bag under the seat ....The thought of bailing out is scary though.