US 2021 Pilot Ranking List Online by [email protected]
The 2021 PRL is available at http://soaringweb.org/PRL . There are always some glitches in identifying pilots from the score sheets, team members, etc, so please check things over and send along your questions and comments directly to me at Note, that because of the...
Today 12:25 AM
by Hartley Falbaum[_2_] Go to last post
6 30 Soaring
OLC in Firefox? by Moshe Braner
In recent weeks/months I can load an OLC flight page OK in my off-beat browser (Pale Moon), but if I open the page in Firefox it never shows me the map of the flight, it forever says "Please wait, loading in progress..." in that part of the page. But it does show the text info of the flight. ...
Yesterday 11:55 PM
by Matthew Scutter Go to last post
8 56 Soaring
How Have Our Soaring Vendors Fared? by Semantics Michael
The sport of soaring is, of course, a relatively small community and what might impact our suppliers and dealers can affect us all. Curious as to how the US and non-US suppliers have fared so far during the pandemic. In any case, may 2021 bring them a better New Year!
by 2G Go to last post
33 206 Soaring
Ventus ballast weights? by Phoenix
Anybody have a set of ballast weights for a Vc?
Yesterday 11:14 PM
by Phoenix Go to last post
0 2 Soaring
Glider featured in a 1976 Camaro Commercial by Gianni Isotope
I randomly came across this (very grainy) video on TikTok -- a commercial for a 1976 Camaro, featuring a glider. https://www.tiktok.com/@rweldon122266/video/6917783950542867717?lang=en Does anyone remember seeing this back in the day? Also, does anyone know who the pilot was, and where this was...
Yesterday 09:45 PM
by Gianni Isotope Go to last post
0 1 Soaring
Wanted LNav 5.8e EPROM by Hartley Falbaum[_2_]
Anyone have a LNav 5.8e EPROM (That is what the chip is called IIRC) laying around unused. Our club G102 LNav has V5.2 and would like to upgrade for standardization. Thanks in advance Hartley Falbaum hfalbaum at comcast dot net
Yesterday 07:52 PM
by Hartley Falbaum[_2_] Go to last post
0 11 Soaring
FLARM releases firmware for ADS-R and TIS-B by Dave Nadler
Hi All - FLARM has announced release of firmware supporting ADS-R and TIS-B reception. This feature is included in new firmware for Core Fusion. For original PowerFLARM core and portable, this requires a license available he https://flarm.com/shop/ads-r-and-tis-b-reception-adsr/ Firmware is...
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
19 67 Soaring
Student pilot on tow versus a blimp by kenward1000
Thought about this event recently. Beautiful fall Sunday afternoon in '89, Fremont, CA. I'd earned solo privs for a SGS 2-33, building up time towards the flight test. The 49ers were playing at home, someone is flying passengers around the SF Bay in an ex-Fuji blimp. I hear it's not cheap. ...
Yesterday 04:25 PM
by Tony[_7_] Go to last post
2 21 Soaring
soaring on Mars? by Moshe Braner
If there are dust devils there is lift! https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/a-nasa-photo-celebration-of-curiosity-rovers-3000th-day/
Yesterday 02:39 PM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
6 72 Soaring
2021 ChicagoLand Glider Council Seminar - Call for Speakers by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
Every two years the ChicagoLand Glider Council hosts a seminar during February. Our seminars are all day Saturday events having 4-5 speakers, includes a luncheon, and makes it a great wintertime social gathering for glider pilots here in the Midwest. The speeches are divided between soaring...