PowerMouse by soaringjac
With the PowerMouse with ADSB Module, what non-Flarm traffic will I be able to see and not see? Obviously I will be able to see ADSB traffic, but what about regular transponder equipped aircraft?
Today 07:32 PM
by soaringjac Go to last post
2 3 Soaring
Speed of a vario by [email protected]
Which vario has lowest latency? (Least delay to indicate thermal we pass) Anyone has done side by side tests? S
by Tango Eight Go to last post
32 81 Soaring
Retrofittable electric drive unit for gliders by [email protected]
Hello, who knows anything about a retrofittable electric drive unit for gliders, build in Argentina (link?). Probably will have a foldable pylon, otherwise concept as with Antares. Thanks
Flarm Antenna Mount JS1 by [email protected]
Anyone have a nice, elegant solution on how to mount Flarm antennas on the glare shield of a JS1? I have used plastic brackets velcroed to the glare shield but in this Ga heat the Velcro just won’t hold. I am considering using plastic screws but hate the idea of drilling holes in my glare shield....
Sad news, Lake County glider crash, LAK-17B FES Mini by [email protected]
Friday,07-Aug-2020 Matt Herron was piloting LAK-17B FES Mini Glider, which took off from Lampson Field near Lakeport at about 2 p.m. en route to Mendocino County, the Lake County Sheriff’s Office said. That's all I...
Today 06:16 PM
by John Foster Go to last post
7 77 Soaring
PA-25 Pawnee exhaust manifolds by Michael Opitz
Does anyone have a good source for a US shop that can repair or sells replacement 235 Hp Pawnee exhaust manifolds, clamps and gaskets? RO
Retrofittable electric drive unit for gliders from Argentina by [email protected]
Hello, who knows anything about a retrofittable electric drive unit for gliders from Argentina (link?). Probably will have a foldable pylon, otherwise concept as with Antares. Thanks
Flight Analysis by Bob Caldwell (BC)
Hi Pilots, I usually do analysis on my flights and those of other pilots I flew with to try understand what I did right or wrong and what I can learn from pilots better than me. A recent flight on OLC showed that I circled 15.5% of the time at an average of 3.3m/s (about 6.4 kts). Opening the...
Today 09:14 AM
by Corstian Boerman Go to last post
5 22 Soaring
OT: Animal teamwork by 2G
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2PrXGNjJuQ
1 13 Soaring
§ 61.87 (i) by [email protected]
Question for CFI-Gs Was more or less told that I'm laboring under a gross misapprehension of fact by a newly minted glider instructor with regard to the above FAR. I am new to sailplanes. Been flying since 1976 so I've probably been flying longer than this guy is old. Haven't asked, don't really...
Reverse waterfalls - visualization of high winds over cliffs by [email protected][_2_]
Today on BBC and on YouTube there is a film clip showing high winds carrying water from falls up and over an abrupt cliff face. The clip is “reverse waterfall” and is outside of Sidney at the Royal National Park. With the water blowing aloft and lifted by the wind you can easily visualize the...
Yesterday 10:58 PM
by Paul Agnew Go to last post
1 17 Soaring
Tropics Are Heating Up. by Bob Youngblood
As we get closer to August the tropics are showing those typical late summer cyclone development possibilities. There is one on the horizon for early Sunday, so I guess it is time to put the gliders in the box and store on a secure location. Our club will be securing all gliders and I will take the...