motorglider engine test by [email protected]
I need to do a short test run on my ventus 2cxm engine. The fuselage is on its cobra dolley in my garage, and I can wheel it into my driveway and tie the tail to a post. I'm nervous about this, in case there is some pitfall I haven't considered. Has anyone done an engine test run like this?
Yesterday 08:29 PM
by Dave Walsh Go to last post
4 10 Soaring
Soaring Video Archive on YouTube by David Hart
Hello, I've started a channel for my soaring videos he https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbamLikeF6AKs3rUVNfxdOg/playlists These are 100% unedited, straight out of the GoPro. So you might want to scrub through the LONG SHOTS for the interesting bits. The video titles describe the location...
Yesterday 07:48 PM
by David Hart Go to last post
4 50 Soaring
Glider Insurance by LAX
Is everyone insured by Costello Insurance? I am purchasing a glider and it comes down to this, the annual premiums I was quoted are approximately equal to the cost of the glider divided by 16. That is my annual payment. In other words, if I don’t have insurance, every 16 years I could buy a new...
by jfitch Go to last post
14 45 Soaring
CG Trimming after Tail Boom Repair by [email protected]
A new weight and balance, after a tail boom repair, shows that several tens of pounds of trim weight needs to be added to a forward location in order to move the CG back into acceptable range. This fixes CG issue, but are there other concerns with doing this? Would be interested in experience of...
Yesterday 03:32 PM
by AS Go to last post
7 31 Soaring
ASH 25M Polar by [email protected]
Hi Nik, the difference in glide performance between the winglet configurations is not that large. But the 26m-winglets increase aileron effectiveness and significantly improve handling in thermals. Climb performance is also said to improve. Best, Christoph
Yesterday 11:03 AM
Boom Unveils Supersonic 'Baby Boom' by O'Holeo
On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 11:57:14 -0600, Mitchell Holman wrote: "Byker" wrote in : I wish them luck. Even if it enters production, like the Concorde, few would be able to afford a ticket: ...
Yesterday 06:40 AM
by Byker Go to last post
2 7 Aviation Marketplace
Jantar SZD 48 "Jantar Std 2" - wing profile templates by Phil Stade[_2_]
I am looking for wing profile data for the Jantar SZD 48 Std 2. Anyone have that information? Thanks Phil
Yesterday 06:33 AM
by Phil Stade[_2_] Go to last post
1 26 Soaring
Best Path to Race by Jeff Morgan
After a 12 year soaring hiatus to advance my airline career, I am back in. I rejoined my old club and got a flight review, and am happy to report the passion is still there. However, I am at a crossroads, much like before. Our club is all metal ships. Between that and the club time limit per...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 06:12 AM
by Bruce Hoult Go to last post
19 63 Soaring
WTB TruTrak 2 1/4 turn and bank by [email protected]
I'm looking for a TruTrak 2 1/4 one minute turn and bank indicator. My understanding is that TruTrak does not make this instrument any more. Please contact me at dreaganatfuse.net if you have one that needs a new home. Thanks, Dan Reagan
Yesterday 03:25 AM
by [email protected][_2_] Go to last post