Are off-airport landouts common and/or dangerous? by Charles Ethridge
Hi all. First off, I was a fairly experienced CFI and Chief Flight Instructor with a great record, and am now a Commercial Glider Pilot, so I'm not a total newbie in the glider world. I realize that my initial question may be obvious to some, but here in South Florida, we NEVER land out in fields...
by Andy Blackburn[_3_] Go to last post
12 30 Soaring
Another EXTREMELY low thermal save by [email protected]
I’m afraid video may be making pilots take these risks. https://youtu.be/PlXeHeR5Ma8
Today 04:21 AM
by Bruce Hoult Go to last post
4 18 Soaring
Feb Soaring: MiniLAK FES article by Matt Herron (Sr)
My article, Mini & Me, about test flying a Mini in Lithuania appears as a cover piece in the current Soaring. Also, Garett Willat has an interesting piece on the way FES may change XCountry soaring.
Today 03:45 AM
by ripacheco1967 Go to last post
8 101 Soaring
Interested in Winch Launching? by Matt Herron Jr.
I am exploring the idea of organizing a winch launching clinic at Coalinga, CA this year. I just completed the winch training offered by The Associated Glider Clubs of Southern California (AGCSC) in Jacumba Hot Springs last month and it was a blast. The same folks are willing to come up and...
Today 03:11 AM
by Mike Schumann[_2_] Go to last post
2 15 Soaring
Implausible Time Records by Dan Marotta
For my last three flights I've been getting a message from OLC warning of implausible time records in the igc file.* Does anyone know what this means and what I might do to correct the problem? I've asked the question on the ClearNav forum but haven't gotten a reply yet. Here's a link to the...
by kinsell Go to last post
67 195 Soaring
FAI-KM on OLC ??? by [email protected]
OK OLC gurus, what does FAI-KM mean on OLC? Thanks Kevin 92
Today 02:41 AM
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
1 8 Soaring
ASH25 out to kill you? by ripacheco1967
I know I’m just learning about all this but reading this about the ASH 25 really made me pause. (I have a lot of ours on GA aircraft and moving into gliders.) http://gliding.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Flying%20ASH25%20by%20Stan%20Nelson.pdf «...The consequence of moving the stick...
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
19 89 Soaring
Euro Championship by [email protected]
Kawa leading 18m class again in a Diana 3. Absolutely incredible
by andrzop Go to last post
16 145 Soaring
RV for sale at SLG by [email protected]
Since I have given up soaring due to aging eyes, I have decided to sell my 2015 Itasca Tribute 27B for the same reason. It has been a fixture at the last few Seniors'. I can be reached at 394-5076 in Clermont Wes Lineberry
Contest Class Development for Future Success - The Case fordeveloping the Handicapped Classes by WaltWX[_2_]
MY PREFERENCE ON COMBINING STANDARD CVLASS AFTER FURTHER REFLECTION (July 17th) After further reflection, I'm going to agree with Steve Northcraft and choose to group the STDs with the 15M (and OPENs if necessary). The 15M and OPENs are having trouble getting sufficient numbers as well. My...
by Andy Blackburn[_3_] Go to last post
36 437 Soaring
Genesis II parts for sale by [email protected]
As former associate of Group Genesis, I ended up with quite a few parts for G2 sailplane, including a complete landing gear and a new canopy. Please send me a note if you need anything... anxious to clean out the hangar and can make you a great deal. Some parts I have include: Brake master...
ASW-19 for sale by Charles Longley
With the acquisition of my ASW-20L my 19 is for sale. Excellent starter or club ship! https://wingsandwheels.com/class/classified.php?id=3645
Yesterday 04:35 PM
by Charles Longley Go to last post
0 16 Soaring
Buying LS3a or ASW20a? ~$25k cross country glider. Which one and why? by Michael N.
I'm looking for a glider for cross country in the $25k range. I'd like to get a flapped 15 meter, and have been doing a lot of searching and reading on the groups and have kind of narrowed my decision down to an ASW20 or LS3a I have about 200 hours in gliders all glass, but never anything with...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post