ASG 29 organ pipe like noise above 83 knots by Tony Gaechter
I recently bought a used ASG 29 and get a loud noise like an organ pipe above 83 knots. Can anyone suggest a cause and cure. The noise is very loud and distracting.
8 38 Soaring
Fun Cobra trailer conversions? by [email protected]
During the Nephi OLC event, we set up chairs inside the open Cobra trailer. It was very comfortable to sit underneath the opened canopy, protected from the burning sun. Someone mentioned that pilots have converted their trailers in numerous ways. For example, one report told of cots and tables and...
7 20 Soaring
Flap performance by Just Me[_2_]
I'm considering purchasing a Ventus B. I'm aware of the "stability" issues, although some the extent of the stability issue seems to vary from plane to plane and pilot to pilot. I've talked to some people who say its not a big deal, and others who say its problematic. It's hard for me to know...
Sinus Verses Sundancer by Steve
What are the pros and cons of the Sinus compared to the Sundancer/Lambada? I'm more interested in the soaring side of things and like something light on the controls. Also what are the advantages of the newer model of Sundancer compared to the older Lambada and is it worth the extra $ ?
Today 02:29 PM
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
1 3 Soaring
Anyone get hassled for exceeding max car and trailer length? by Gordon Boettger
Looking at getting an RV (25' length). Combine that with a doubleseater glider trailer and I'm at 60'. I'm in NV, so I'm good, but going into OR I would be 10" over the legal limit. Anyone out there run into any issues with the "fuzz" for exceeding combined vehicle and trailer length? Thanks
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
15 98 Soaring
CNN Article/Paris Airshow Video with Glider by [email protected]
The CNN web page has an article titled "Can this jet topple a US military icon?" It about the Embraer KC-390 as a possible replacement for the C130. Interestingly, the are no pictures of the jet in the article. Anyway, the video at the top of the article (this changes every time you click on the...
0 11 Soaring
Region 10 Low Performance Contest by JS
Looks like there's fun being had at TSA. The 1-26 contest and the PW-5 contest combined? Suppose they're the same thing. Jim
Today 03:53 AM
by JS Go to last post
0 9 Soaring
Buying a 1-35 pros and cons? by [email protected]
Does anyone have any inside info on the pros / cons of buying a 1-35. I am interested in learning cross country. I am mostly looking to hear from any current or former 1-35 owners. Thanks, Tim W