Old November 23rd 19, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Using Condor simulator to improve decision making

On Saturday, November 23, 2019 at 11:48:32 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I am wondering what people think about using the Condor simulator to improve gliding and soaring decision making --

Our Club has the Mach 0.1 Condor Simulator. Directly to your question, here are a very few of the many many examples of how we use it for decision-making training:

Direction of wind sock before takeoff, excessive slack line during tow, releasing from tow when finding good thermals, using a parent in a simulated backseat to create distractions, situational awareness, calculating bingo altitudes, staying within glide distance of runways, cross-country advance or retreat decisions, etc..

Too many more to mention. The Mach 0.1 has been a good trainer for our Club.. It has especially been helpful for evaluating pre-solo students.

Raul Boerner