Old April 2nd 20, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

Default SSA Contest Committee Announcement on COVID-19 and 2020 Contest Schedule

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 9:05:48 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
It's 8 AM. The forecast says maybe maybe sunlight at 2:30. Some people want to cancel the day. I say why not wait until 1:30 and see if the forecast is coming true?

The logic is good, but the modeling is a bit off. I think it is more like: its 8am, radar shows that it will rain heavily from 9 to about 12, with possible clearing at 2:30. Should you encourage 30 people to drive 3 hours each to the airport to be ready to assemble at 1pm?