Old April 18th 20, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Soaring Contest and Coronavirus

A more relevant question is would they have held the contest knowing what we know now?

Probably not, but I think I'm glad we did.

The odds seem high that CV was there somewhere, but somehow a group of prime candidates dodged the bullet. There ought to be a lesson there. It might be that just staying home is not the only way forward given the right precautions. Not sure what precautions or to apply it to the general public.

I have not seen any signs of folks around here being generally as cautions when they are out as the folks at seniors. Given that, staying home is wise, but there is hope that might be another way to accomplish the same thing..