Old June 22nd 20, 08:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Salmon[_3_]

Default Oudie with constant flarm warnings

At 03:49 22 June 2020, Hartley Falbaum wrote:
On Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 6:09:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I have a power core outputing to an Oudie, Butterfly display and SN10b.

=
=20
=20
I bought all the equipment during the glider purchase, and this is my

fir=
st experience with all of these devices. I updated all the firmware and
sof=
tware with all the equipment and went flying. The butterfly display

seems
=
to be working correctly, however my Oudie was initially providing me
sporad=
ic warnings of an aircraft just slightly above and behind me, when there
wa=
s noone there. I used another glider to confirm they were getting two
targ=
ets for my ship. =20
=20
I then used the flarm configuration tool to change the power core to

matc=
h my transponder hex code and update my name. I now get constant, never
e=
nding flarm warnings on my oudie as soon as I start moving. =20
=20
Also, I loaded on the latest flarmnet to make sure I had all the local

sh=
ips' contest IDs instead of the hexcode for the targets. My butterfly
disp=
lay does not show the contest IDs but my Oudie does. =20
=20
I'm at a loss to know what I need to do next. Any help would be

apprecia=
ted.=20
=20
I used the following txt file for my configuration:
=20
$PFLAC,S,DEF
$PFLAC,S,ID,A6C7C2
$PFLAC,S,ACFT,1
$PFLAC,S,NMEAOUT1,71
$PFLAC,S,BAUD1,0
$PFLAC,S,NMEAOUT2,71
$PFLAC,S,BAUD2,2
$PFLAC,S,RANGE,65535
$PFLAC,S,VRANGE,500
$PFLAC,S,AUDIOOUT,0
$PFLAC,S,AUDIOVOLUME,100
$PFLAC,S,LOGINT,4
$PFLAC,S,CLEARLOGS
$PFLAC,S,PILOT,David Krautter
$PFLAC,S,GLIDERID,N536LS
$PFLAC,S,GLIDERTYPE,LS6c
$PFLAC,S,COMPCLASS,15m
$PFLAC,S,COMPID,XV
$PFLAC,S,PRIV,0
$PFLAC,S,NOTRACK,0

Sorry--I was in error--
BAUD1,0 sets the RJ45 to 4800. Way too slow--device can't keep up.
Try using setting for 19,200 BAUD1,2
Is Oudie on the RJ45, port 1? If so you'll need to set it to 19.200 also.

Also set the SN10B to 19200.
Dave