Old July 26th 20, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default Butterfly traffic display: firmware update available

Dave,

First, thanks for all this work for the soaring community.

Questions - Why didn't Air Avionics (nee Butterfly Avionics*) resolve these issues rather than you needing to step in? Has the company orphaned software updates for the entire line of Butterfly devices (which I think has been sold as late as 2017)?

I get that no device's support goes on forever. But to me this doesn't lend confidence with this manufacturer.

Your take?

Thanks again,
John