Old August 18th 20, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

jld wrote on 8/18/2020 8:41 AM:

If structure is capable, US experimental could use a higher MTM but, who want to fly above 60 kg/m2 anyway?

Glider pilots on the Allegheny Ridges (ridge soaring), in Western US high deserts
(thermal soaring), and in the Sierra wave sometimes use higher wing loadings. For
my flying in the US, I expect 60 kg/m2 will be plenty high enough, and far above
the 42 kg/m2 (8.5 lb/ft2) I fly at in my ASH26E.