Old October 15th 20, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Struthers

Default Looking for 1-26E with trailer and some thoughts

At 14:55 15 October 2020, ken smith wrote:
Thanks for all the useful feedback. I have heard that the L33 has a
weak tail boom and is prone to damage and the Std Cirrus wants to
spin. Would appreciate more info on these if you have experience with
them.

Most aircraft will spin, some better than others but and only if you put
the incorrect control inputs. I own a standard cirrus and its very
sensitive in pitch but not prone to spinning unless I make it. I use to
own an IS29 D 2 and that had a reputation for "spinning" I spun it
unintentionally once at around 1000 ft agl when i was trying to get
away in a tight thermal and forgot to put it in thermal flap. The aircraft

responded immediately to the correct control inputs and I only lost 150
feet in altitude. The club I fly at teaches spin recovery well. I would
suggest a Cirrus is a good aircraft for you provided you get the gel coat
checked etc (same as any older glass ship really)

safe flying