Old December 5th 20, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Bamberg

Default Oudie 2 profile examples

Paul,

I spent many hours working up a profile for my Craggy Ultimate. I got it to a nice usable (for me) state before I reverted to an XCSoar device. In both cases I think a good process to use starts with reviewing the stages of your flight, however you want to slice it, and then asking "What do I want to know in this stage of my flight?". You'll find that for some data, you always want it, it needs to be always available.

As Tim mentioned, if you're a racer you may want to set up two different "Pages" in the Oudie for two very different situations. (You can make an Info Box an active button that can switch from page to page).

I could go on, but as noted you need to just work through the manual and try some stuff out. I've found that for each of the various flight computers there is a fairly steep learning curve. This is due, I think, to both the complexity and flexibility of these devices, as well as the personal needs of the pilot.

Mike