Old October 21st 03, 11:36 PM
Ogden Johnson III

I'm not fit enough to be a Marine right now, but if I decide I want to
go down that path, I will start to get into shape. Any other things
that I should think about?

That if you're not fit enough to be a Marine right now, you're
probably not fit enough to go Navy, either. If you want to go
aviation, the better shape you're in the better. [And even if you
don't get aviation, the Navy doesn't need out-of-shape ground {ship?}
officers any more than the Marine Corps does.]

My reason for asking is I need to check the
Marine or Navy box on the NROTC application, and if I feel like I want
to be a Marine, a few other important college options would open up
for me.

That's a first IME; that going Marine would offer *more* options,
important ones at that. In my days, the Navy always seemed to get the
better end of the stick. ;-
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.