Old January 2nd 04, 12:17 PM
Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal

On 1/1/04 9:03 AM, in article
.net, "Thomas Schoene"
wrote:

Pechs1 wrote:

Too bad. Altho I am not a VS guy, there are butt loads of Chinese 'U
boats' that will be an 'issue' in the future, IMO. Do the Blackhawks
onboard the CVs have a antisub mission?

Seahawks, not Blackhawks, and yes, ASW is the main job for the SH-60F (well,
when they're not doing VERTREP or Plane Guard). But there are only four or
six per carrier.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)

I know that it's probably been explained here before, but...

Somebody wanna go over the realignment of the HS and HSL communities? That
is, conversion of SH-60B and HH-60H to SH-60S and R's and what each helo's
mission will be?

--Woody