Old February 28th 04, 02:55 AM
Andrew C. Toppan

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 02:47:16 GMT, R. David Steele
wrote:

Any sources on the ACS (what does that stand for)?

Do a web search on "ACS, EP-3E" and you'll find it.

It does look
like the 767 will be the future for the AWACS, refueling and
other missions.

Your point being????

However, we do need a replacement for the C-2 and the C-12 (and
their variants) as well as the S-3. The CSA is a good idea.

C-2 will likely be replaced by a new C-2. The production line still
exists for E-2C Hawkeye 2000.

C-12 is nothing but a small commercial turboprop and can be replaced
by another such aircraft.

S-3 is being retired without replacement.

--
Andrew Toppan --- --- "I speak only for myself"
"Haze Gray & Underway" - Naval History, DANFS, World Navies Today,