Old November 5th 04, 12:27 PM
John Carrier

"Leanne" wrote in message
"Leanne" wrote in message news:...

Sorry about the previous post as I have a bad mouse button and it will
cause
the computer to send things while I am reading.

I see that the single seat A-4 and F-8 have been mentioned. Did anyone get
time in the F4D Skyray or is it before your time? I worked in depot
maintenance on the electrical and electronics wiring problems,especially
those caused by someone let the hell hole door swing free.

Well before my time. Mid-late 50's design by Ed Heinemann. Great rate of
climb. One great turn. Held the world speed record for a short while (next
to last on the low altitude course), several time to climb records and 100km
closed course too IIR. Barely supersonic, not quite enough internal fuel.

R / John