Old November 13th 04, 08:41 PM
Ogden Johnson III

Peter Twydell wrote:

Jim writes

Jdf4cheval wrote:

Thanks, Ed. I thought of that, but if so it didn't have the national marking
stripes along the top of the Vertical Stab.
Joe

Ours or theirs? Foreign military aircraft based in the U.S. are
required to have U.S. markings.

Why?

Because years ago all of the black helicopter/konspiracy/tin hat
brigade were citing the presence of those German-marked aircraft
and their associated flight training program as proof-positive
that NATO/The Bilderburgers/Various Other Nefarious Organizations
had taken over the United States and all of its military forces.

Since sanity is not required of U. S. Citizens, obviously the U.
S. Gummint and the German gummint felt it was easier just to put
US markings on the aircraft [with the German colors on the tail],
than to waste time fooling with nutcases. I don't even know that
it was the result of an act of Congress rather than just being an
agreement between the two governments.
--
OJ III