Old December 18th 04, 05:42 AM
Yofuri

Gord Beaman wrote:
"C.D.Damron" wrote:

"William W. Plummer" wrote in
message news:h7mwd.768167$8_6.703195@attbi_s04...

Iwan Bogels wrote:
There was a famous experiment to prove that a fully loaded C-130 could
land on a carrier. The roll-out was 270 feet. Thrust reversers were
used before it was on the deck. I'll bet those landings left something
to be desired for comfort. I think I can find a short video of the
landings and will be happy to post it if someone can tell me where.

I don't think that pitch was reversed in those trials.

I don't know but it could have been after the a/c was on the deck
and even before with some futzing with the squat switch circuits
that normally prevent that. I've seen both of the tapes. How do
you know that they didn't use reverse?
--

-Gord.
(use gordon in email)

Smoky Stover told me that they used pitch reverse, and that the squat
switches had been bypassed to allow it without WOW.

I never knew on how many of the landings they used it or not.

Rick