Old November 1st 04, 02:00 PM
Ron Parsons

In article ,
"Andrew Koenig" wrote:

"Andrew Burke" wrote in message

It was a sad day when they sold off the old 727s for scrap; I always rated
the 727 a ten on the coolness scale -- what with those wildly swept and
clean wings, the speed, and the T tail. But I'm rapidly very warming to
the
757...

Maybe this will help warm you to it mo

I once talked to a 757 pilot who told me that compared to the 727, the 757
is about 5% slower, burns about the same amount of fuel, and carries 120,000
pounds more.

I out of 3 isn't all that bad I suppose. It is slower, but has at least
twice the range and only about 60,000 heavier. Oh, and 1 engine has more
thrust than all 3 combined.

--
Ron Parsons